Contribute
Register

Gigabyte's Thunderbolt Motherboards Live - Available Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignore - Just read the first post and see that the VIA audio is still listed.

And our first Z77X-UP5 TH board has arrived :thumbup:
Some pictures of it below, more to come.

tmx_z77x_up5_th.jpg
tmx_z77x_up5_th_2.jpg
dsl3510l.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Waiting for test device....

Well, the board works just fine and dandy in 10.7.4, but getting TB to work might prove to be a bit quirky.

We'll post more updates when we know more, but much of it won't be before Mountain Lion launches.

I so can't wait until Newegg has this beast for purchase!

thelostswede said:
Well, the board works just fine and dandy in 10.7.4, but getting TB to work might prove to be a bit quirky.

We'll post more updates when we know more, but much of it won't be before Mountain Lion launches.

So it sounds like you got it working in ML. Can you confirm that if you have a Discrete card installed that it transmits that video signal over the TB port?

That's not going to work.
If you want to do that, you need an Asus board with their add-in card, or the upcoming ASRock board. They feed the signal from the graphics card's DP port in to a DP connector on the board and then back out via the TB ports. It's the only way I'm aware of where you could get a discrete card to feed the signal through the DP ports in OS X. :ugeek:

thelostswede said:
That's not going to work.
If you want to do that, you need an Asus board with their add-in card, or the upcoming ASRock board. They feed the signal from the graphics card's DP port in to a DP connector on the board and then back out via the TB ports. It's the only way I'm aware of where you could get a discrete card to feed the signal through the DP ports in OS X. :ugeek:

From what I understand the Virtuso Software is what routes the discrete to the TB connector. I will have to look into it further but I remember watching a review on Newegg I think that showed it off without Asus' solution of routing the cables in the back.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back