Contribute
Register

Gigabyte's Thunderbolt Motherboards Live - Available Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea right now the thunderbolt is primarily for external storage or other fast devices in the future. Don't have a thunderbolt monitor so no big deal, but I didn't realize this would be a limitation. Is this the case for all hackintoshes?

Limitation for all Hackintoshes at the moment. ASRock and ASUS at least are working on two different discrete CPU Thunderbolt monitor solutions. Whether they would have a chance of working in OS X is anyone's guess right now.

Board member Einsteiniac has his Thunderbolt Display working via Intel's integrated graphics, and even that was only within the last few days. :clap: to Einsteiniac.

Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H TH availability

Do you know about the availability of the Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H TH microatx motherboard with thunderbolt ports?

My machine is up and running. I've got sound, ethernet, any my GTX 670 running. Just played a few hours of Diablo while having Vmware run my windows drive to download all my games from the Steam sale. So far a great board!

I was wrong about one thing, the audio on the Z77X-UP5 TH works much better than the audio on the Z77X-UD5, as the green, orange and black jacks are all working as line outputs/internal speaker and as such it should be possible to run 5.1-channel analogue audio on this board.
I haven't tested the mic input, nor the front audio compatibility.

So it looks like the GA-Z77MX-D3H TH will have Via audio which isn't supported as well as Realtek. That doesn't bother me so much by itself because I figure I can always add another sound card unless...

Here's the big question... Will lack of Realtek onboard audio prevent me from piping audio out through the mini display port (or in this case, Thunderbolt port)? If so, that's a major limitation. I don't think that adding a sound card could fix this. I would have to get sound separately, right?

DSDT for the Z77X-UP5 TH

Hey Alfa!
I'm Planning to build a Hackintosh with a very similiar configuration.
Do you have to use a DSDT to get the sound working. Or don't you need a DSDT at all because it's running on UEFI ?

I'm a newbie and i didn't understand what
"Woking on a DSDT file so the proper audio patch can be applied" (Found on you Homepage)
means exactly

Do you know if it is possible to route the video signal of an dedicated graphic card through the TB-Port?

Thank you in advance

Hey Alfa!
I'm Planning to build a Hackintosh with a very similiar configuration.
Do you have to use a DSDT to get the sound working. Or don't you need a DSDT at all because it's running on UEFI ?

I'm a newbie and i didn't understand what
"Woking on a DSDT file so the proper audio patch can be applied" (Found on you Homepage)
means exactly

Do you know if it is possible to route the video signal of an dedicated graphic card through the TB-Port?

Thank you in advance

No problem! Glad to help. The sound works fine right now. With a DSDT you won't need to use the "Non-DSDT HDA enabler" in multibeast.
I haven't had any problems running it without the DSDT.

I don't know about routing the video signal through the TB port. I'm in between apartments (stupid lease end and begin dates 3 weeks apart) right now so half of my stuff is at a friends and the other half is with me at my parents'.

I;ll report back asap

I was wrong about one thing, the audio on the Z77X-UP5 TH works much better than the audio on the Z77X-UD5, as the green, orange and black jacks are all working as line outputs/internal speaker and as such it should be possible to run 5.1-channel analogue audio on this board.
I haven't tested the mic input, nor the front audio compatibility.
OMG thats great

so gigabyte should fix the green port issue on UD5H in the next bios release ??
waiting for mic and front panel audio Test .
thank u Swede <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back