Contribute
Register

Gigabyte's H77 mini-ITX board unveiled, of sorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well theres always the Ivy Bridge i5 with the HD4000, even though its a bit pricey (about $230) and consumes 77w. That's great knowing a cheaper option will be available.

Hopefully the board will be in the low 100s. It would make no sense if it was $160.

and no DSDT? Does that mean when using UniBeast you just use the EasyBeast option?

No, you still have to select drivers, so you'd still do the DSDT option, just without a DSDT.
There's a new version of Multibeast coming though...

Article: Gigabyte's H77 mini-ITX board unveiled, of sorts

I have been trying to sell my old desktop to build a CustoMac Mini. The best guide I've seen is TonyMac's from 2011. The GA-H61N-USB3 MiniITX board is so far the only compatible board thats truly supported, with a DSDT available and everything.
Unlike the H61N board this board has a built in WiFi slot, so just pop in a native airport card if necessary.

For my purposes I was going to build it as a Guest/HTPC/Web browsing computer for my family and any friends that need to use a computer.
My friends are interested in this as well and would love to make it for them as a gift. But it would be a pain to tell them they have to use a USB WiFi adapter which we all know isn't stupendous on a hackintosh.

If there is any great compatible MiniITX motherboards with power management, sleep, restart working let me know in a response.

Hopefully its the same or lower priced than the H61N (about $80).
Agreed, if the H61N had WiFi (and built in BT) it would be close to perfect.

I can't complain though - picked one up with a 2500K for $200 total at Microcenter recently. Runs ML beautifully.

One disappointing thing I've learnt is that GB offer 3 year warranty on all their boards except mITX, which are 15 months.

Agreed, if the H61N had WiFi (and built in BT) it would be close to perfect.

I can't complain though - picked one up with a 2500K for $200 total at Microcenter recently. Runs ML beautifully.
How did you get the H61N and the processor for only $200 o.o
that must be some great deal

CustoMac Mini? :D

The real problem is no one makes a case as good as the Mini. If someone made an ITX board that was specifically designed to fit in the older (2009is) cases then you'd have a much better computer than the Mini and it would be in the fantastic Mini case.

The real problem is no one makes a case as good as the Mini. If someone made an ITX board that was specifically designed to fit in the older (2009is) cases then you'd have a much better computer than the Mini and it would be in the fantastic Mini case.

No the problem is that the Mac Mini isn't using a mini-ITX motherboard... :confused:

You can get very similar cases that accepts a mini-ITX board, if you're willing to pay for it http://www.quietpc.com/products/htpccases/st-f1c

The only concern I think is not including display port or the lack of DVI-D, unless they put HDMI 1.3+ which supports resolutions of 2560x1440.
Fingers crossed, because I am waiting for mini-itx since long time ago from gigabyte...
Cheers.

The only concern I think is not including display port or the lack of DVI-D, unless they put HDMI 1.3+ which supports resolutions of 2560x1440.
Fingers crossed, because I am waiting for mini-itx since long time ago from gigabyte...
Cheers.

The HDMI ports should support HDMI 1.4, or at least Intel's HD 4000/2500 has native support for it, so this shouldn't really be an issue.

Cheers.

Actually, it would appear that the 7-series chipsets are limited to 1920x1200 over HDMI/DVI, this would be an Intel limitation and not something the motherboard makers can do anything about. :confused:

Actually, it would appear that the 7-series chipsets are limited to 1920x1200 over HDMI/DVI, this would be an Intel limitation and not something the motherboard makers can do anything about. :confused:

Which is a terrible issue, if you have a monitor with more resolution, which is my case... and I can't have another graphics card, as I need a RAID controller...
It is a pity not having display port on it. It is dissapointing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back