Contribute
Register

Gigabyte's 7-series mini-ITX boards finally official, available soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Gigabyte's 7-series mini-ITX boards finally official, available soon

Apparently there was some other kind of delay, not sure what's going on, but the boards are shipping and should arrive either end of this week or early next week in retail depending on where in the world you're located.

My Z77 itx board is arriving from Newegg tomorrow. I'm assuming i don't need a DSDT for this, am i correct?

My Z77 itx board is arriving from Newegg tomorrow. I'm assuming i don't need a DSDT for this, am i correct?
Yes, this board works OOB with no DSDT. Super simple to get running.

FYI, the bluetooth on this board works OOB but no WiFi.

If anyone finds a card that works out of box to replace the WiFi/Bluetooth included with the Z77 please post here.

Just ordered my Z77N with this wifi card. I hope My Gskill Ripjaws will work with the stock cooler with the apex MI-008.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-HALF-M...US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item519ea38768

Don't forget a bluetooth adapter...personally since the included "widi" card's bluetooth works and i don't need wifi i'm going to keep the card...dual boot into windows and use the widi features on the tv.:cool:

I just oredered the one in Customac off of amazon. The usb dongle one.

[h=1][FONT=arial, sans-serif]SuperBiiz.[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]com has a $10 off code for the h77n board as of right now...no tax no shipping. Best deal i could find, microcenter does not appear to be going to carry this board for at least a month or two longer, but the Z77N with 3225 at $50 off their lower prices even with tax would be a sweet deal if they do. They don't $50 discount their H61 however.[/FONT][/h]

Don't forget a bluetooth adapter...personally since the included "widi" card's bluetooth works and i don't need wifi i'm going to keep the card...dual boot into windows and use the widi features on the tv.:cool:

Yeah, good idea. I only need WiFi on this machine once in a while, but bluetooth all the time. So it makes sense to keep the card and just get a WiFi USB dongle. I was just hoping maybe someone had found a card which has working bluetooth plus wifi. Doesn't hurt to dream. :)

Thank you for the info. As always you fellas are a tremendous resource. Is there anything else i should know besides knowing to buy the third party WiFi board? I'll be running video and audio out of HDMI and putting in a Black Magic Intensity card for a small form factor on location video digitizing and streaming machine. I have an i3 3225 CPU for it.

As an aside, unfortunately putting in two 2TB 7200 RPM drives for an effective raid (need capacity and speed) and one 1 GB 7200RPM drive to be a partitioned OSX and Windows dual boot and a DVD drive pushes the case form factor up. The smallest I could find for three 3 1/2 drives was a Silverstone SST-SG02F. Maybe someone knows something smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back