Contribute
Register

GigabyteGA-Z97X-UD3H Does Not Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note if you are on a 4770K like me, VT-D is not available.

I'm on a Z87x-UD7 + GTX 650Ti + GTX 780Ti, literally spent 2 days tried to get rid of the kernel panics. And I did.

Let me know if I can help.

My understanding is that vt-d is the same thing as "Intel Virtualization Technology", so I disabled that.

VT-d is an addon to Intel's Virtualization Technology. It is Virtualization driectpath IO. It lets you pass PCIe devices directly to a guest OS.

Right now I am typing this from Yosemite using my
GA-Z97X-UD3H CustoMac. While it's not perfect yet, it is one heck of a beast. I was seeing 100fps at ultra settings in WoW (GTX 770). I'm loving it. I am having some very strange issues though...

Messages seems to work for the most part. Audio only works for some applications, but the one that is driving me nuts is Safari. It seems to be hit or mis weather a website will work. So far the one that gives me the most trouble is Facebook. Only half the graphics load. Also it didn't sync my favorites...

The audio doesn't bother me I'll just buy a USB sound card. (I'm thinking I might go into the bios and disable a ton of stuff that I'm not using)

In order for me to get it running I did adjust a few settings in the bios.
First, I loaded defaults.
Next, I manually adjusted RAM @ 1600MHz. I'm not sure why auto detect didn't work.
Finally, I disabled VT-d & VT-x (Virtualization)
During install I did use -x and maxmem=4096

In multibest I selected:
Easybeast
ALC1150
AppleIntelIE1000e v3.1.0 (I had no basis for picking that one, it just had the highest number)

Side note, I was thinking my issues with Safari were because of the NIC drivers I chose, but Facebook and other sites work great in Chrome...

Okay, so turning of Virtualization definetely helped me. Audio seems to be working everytime, and only one freeze in a ~6 hour session. Thank you!

Can someone help me maybe? Although is not Yosemite related, it is a motherboard problem I suppose...

I get no display with my motherboard

I got my components delivered today and first wanted to try a test boot. So I installed the CPU (i5-4690) and cooler into the mobo together with a stick of RAM memory. I then plugged in the CPU and main mobo power connectors. At last I plugged in and HDMI connector to my monitor.

When I turn the motherboard on the CPU fan starts spinning but the screen on the monitor stays blank..
I got everything installed correctly I think, or are there things I forgot? Installed like this I should get a bootscreen right?
IMG_4164.jpg

Can someone help me maybe? Although is not Yosemite related, it is a motherboard problem I suppose...

I get no display with my motherboard

I got my components delivered today and first wanted to try a test boot. So I installed the CPU (i5-4690) and cooler into the mobo together with a stick of RAM memory. I then plugged in the CPU and main mobo power connectors. At last I plugged in and HDMI connector to my monitor.

When I turn the motherboard on the CPU fan starts spinning but the screen on the monitor stays blank..
I got everything installed correctly I think, or are there things I forgot? Installed like this I should get a bootscreen right?
View attachment 109534

Please add your system specs to your profile - It will help others to help you and is a requirement of the Rules.

Which variation of i5-4690 do you have ?
i.e. i5-4690T / 4690S / i5-4690K / i5-4690

Hehe sure, I only own this system for a few hours, so forgive me this time :p.

I placed everything into the case, and then when I powered it on it magically started working... So I suppose it was shorted somewhere. Although.. It only worked just once, when I powered it off and on again, again no video input :roll2:

I finally got my display working by removing the graphics card and plugin a monitor in onboard vga.

Now I don't get to the installer screen. I think I tried every possible boot flag and bios setup.. In the attachment you can see my current bios settings. The other pic is when using boot flag '-v maxmem=4096'. If I don't use any boot flag it just hangs at the apple screen.

Any suggestions?

i only got one stick 8gb ram installed, together with 250gb SSD. So graphics card is removed. I also wonder why at boot option 1 there is no p0 before my Kingston?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556.6 KB · Views: 441
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 450
I still can only boot when using boot flag PCIRootUID=1.

Well, at least I'm typing this from my new hackintosh :D. But graphics card and one memory stick still not installed. In addition to that the system is running very slow... I mean really slow. When moving the mouse around for instance it moves very shaky and in slow motion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back