Contribute
Register

GigabyteGA-Z97X-UD3H Does Not Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty new to the site. I thought I saw a section that showed multi beast config options for each motherboard, but I'm not seeing that now. Was I dreaming?

I've searched and read thread after thread, but I still can't figure out if I'm wanting to select the UEFI version of my SSDs when selecting what drive to boot from in the bios.

I've searched and read thread after thread, but I still can't figure out if I'm wanting to select the UEFI version of my SSDs when selecting what drive to boot from in the bios.

you cant. just run the p0 or p1 or whatever.

It definitely lets me select that as an option. Are you saying don't do that because there will be issues?

It definitely lets me select that as an option. Are you saying don't do that because there will be issues?

yup. on mine, in boot selection menu. i have p1 *hard drive* and uefi *hard drive*. uefi just doesnt boot at all.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-boot-off-efi-regular-p0-p1-etc-z77-ds3h.html

In the Z97 guide I posted earlier...:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html

....Stork explicitly says to boot from p0 (or whatever you got)

So, how's it going?

I installed Yosemite without any extra commands on a GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5, even though I did need to remove one stick of RAM (I have a pair of 8gb) and use -maxmem to install Mavericks.
It doesn't mean that the build is succesful, though: installing generic USB 3.0 kext from MultiBeast rendered half of my ports unusable - so if you do manage to install the OS, I advise you to try USB out without any extra kexts'. The audio is still a problematic topic: sometimes it works, sometimes I get noises - but no matter what I get when booting, the OS will freeze after 5 minutes. So if you have some success with your motherboard, please share in this thread

I installed Yosemite without any extra commands on a GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5, even though I did need to remove one stick of RAM (I have a pair of 8gb) and use -maxmem to install Mavericks.
It doesn't mean that the build is succesful, though: installing generic USB 3.0 kext from MultiBeast rendered half of my ports unusable - so if you do manage to install the OS, I advise you to try USB out without any extra kexts'. The audio is still a problematic topic: sometimes it works, sometimes I get noises - but no matter what I get when booting, the OS will freeze after 5 minutes. So if you have some success with your motherboard, please share in this thread

Please please read post 5 of this thread about the bios options. especially "Intel Virtualization Technology" and "Vt-d". Also, after install, you do not run the USB 3.0 kext from multibeast. big no no for our boards. Let us know whats going on.

Please please read post 5 of this thread about the bios options. especially "Intel Virtualization Technology" and "Vt-d". Also, after install, you do not run the USB 3.0 kext from multibeast. big no no for our boards. Let us know whats going on.
Yeah, I stumbled upon the USB 3.0 problem yesterday and deleting the kext did help. What's strange, is that choosing optimised defaults without changing the "Vt-d AND Intel Virualization Technology" did result in an installable OS, no extra options like -maxmem or -x. I'll check the BIOS setting this evening, maybe the optimised defaults have Virtualization set to "disabled"? I really doubt that, though. Strange.
Anyway, I'll report later to this thread, and if something comes up about the audio (I'll try to dig up some more info about my specific problem, or maybe your results in
this thread will help), I'll report here too

I see no "vt-d" option in my BIOS settings. My understanding is that vt-d is the same thing as "Intel Virtualization Technology", so I disabled that. But am I missing something? Is "vt-d" different than "Intel Virualization Technology"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back