Graphics
Gtx 780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've given up. I've tried every successful configuration listed in the forums, followed the recommended BIOS settings, various MultiBeast settings, and I'm still not having any luck. It locks up with kernal panics on startup. It will occasionally boot successfully, but it will often freeze shortly after logging in. I don't know why I'm posting this, because I've tried everything and I doubt anyone will be able to help, but maybe this will at least serve as a warning to others.

Frustrated.

Last edited:
Currently I'm having lots of difficulties (concerning Yosemite) and will keep trying until I have it working.
If you're up for it, keep trying!

suggestion: remove every bit of hardware from the pc you do not need during installing (EVERY)

So remove your dedicated graphics card (only when igpu is present)
remove every usb plug you have in there, only the necesarry ones in a usb2 port (mouse, keyboard)
during install use only one Ram stick (you're memory can be faulty)
go bare, start clean, when you succeed try every part one by one.

And when doing al that, still experiencing the panics or freezes? Post logs and the way how you got there, maybe someone might recognize it and be able to help you one step further.

succes!

You're further than me. I can't even make it to the install screen. Which bios are you on?

Oh GA-Z97X-UD3H!!! How I wanted you to be an easy Hackentosh build... I even picked you from the buyers guide. LOL

I have GA-Z97X-UD3H, and Gigabyte GTX770.

I kept getting panic's during boot as well, sounds odd but if my destination SSD was formatted it would panic every time. If I used dd to wipe the partition scheme prior to moving it to my hackintosh it would would boot 50+% of the time. So far removing my other SSD & HDDs it has booted to the installer every time.

Mine hangs about 1 min in to the install, I even loose mouse movement... It would seem to be locked up pretty good.

This is my first build so I'm just going to try Mavericks.

You guys might be missing some important steps.
1. Load optimized default bios settings.
2. Disable Vt-d AND Intel Virualization Technology
3. Enable AHCI for sata (default for my Gigabyte z97)

When I first installed Yosemite it gave me kernel panics and then when I got past them, the install would straight up freeze with no mouse or anything. Intel Virtualization Technology is what I forgot to disable.

Also, when you launch the USB installer from chimera, press the space bar and add these boot arguments: "-x maxmem=4096". Keep using them after the install to install the multibeast stuff. then you should be good. Also make sure to use only 1 memory stick and only iGPU for the initial install.

All of these steps needs to be followed or it won't work. Good luck.

I'll try the -x maxmem=4096. I haven't done that yet... Running 16GB RAM so you may be on to something. The VT-d is on just about every forum post, so I did that right from the start. I hope it's a RAM issue.

I'll try the -x maxmem=4096. I haven't done that yet... Running 16GB RAM so you may be on to something. The VT-d is on just about every forum post, so I did that right from the start. I hope it's a RAM issue.

Thats half the battle. on our Z97 gigabyte boards, Intel Virtualization Technology is like 1 or 2 lines above Vt-d on the classic BIOS. This HAS to be disabled. I don't know why the guides don't have this.

Also, since you loaded default bios settings (right.....right!?!), XMP should be disabled. Verify that it is.

I have a GA-Z87X-UD3H and I am running Yosemite with (almost) no problem. I had the same problems as you; however, when I was installing Yosemite. I fixed it by simply reinstalling Yosemite on my SSD. I used UniBeast 5.0.1 and it worked. I don't know if any of this information is helpful to you but I though I would throw this out there.

maxmem worked on Mavericks... Time to try Yosemite again. I saw that in a few threads but somehow didn't put 2 & 2 together.

maxmem worked on Mavericks... Time to try Yosemite again. I saw that in a few threads but somehow didn't put 2 & 2 together.

Great news. Mavericks and Yosemite were nearly identical installations for me on my Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 5 mobo. Just follow the guides and my instructions carefully and I am sure you will be fine.

Also, when you install Yosemite and run Multibeast after install, DO NOT select the USB 3.0 universal driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back