Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I just bought the same board ---

Intel i7 - 4770k
GA-Z97X UD3H
Inno3D GTX 770 2GB
Samsung 840D Pro 256GB
Corsair Vengence 4GB x2 RAM

I tried doint the steps in the guide here...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I don't know if this would help telling what's wrong with it but this is the boot on verbose. There were a lot of stuff but this is the last screen.
View attachment 92813

It installed and restarted. Now, when it restarted, it got stuck at the Apple logo with the spinning circle. Can anyone please help me? :cry:

I have the GA-Z97X UD5H and I have exactly the same problem, however my verbose hangs at "Cant connect to Apple Mac/Itunes store".

I managed to install Mavericks 10.9.3 with Chimera but had to use boot flag -x just to 'finish' the setup. Once I got to the desktop in Safe Mode after finalizing installation, I ran MultiBeast with settings from here and then rebooted.

I then booted from my SSD and now suffer from the dreaded Apple logo white screen with spinning loading wheel.

I can boot into the desktop in safe mode (-x) and I am going to attempt a Mac App Store fix (deleting Network.plist, inserting hex code from ethernet adapter into chameleon boot.plist).

Well I just bought the GA-Z97 gaming 5. I didnt by it for mac yet works flawless. Killer works super easy to install now days. I could get the 1150 audio to work but I dont need it..have better. I had a MSI board that I had to mod the bios to get OS X to work. This time I was doing something else and the computer went off.

I though ..omg what now. It just went to sleep. Never had sleep before. Nice. So all works I use Nvidia 770 and ATI 7970 and both work super..two screens on NV one ATI. Love it. Just thought I would share.

Hey Zblade... I'm workin' on a build for my friend, and your new is encouraging. I'm thinking about using the same board and I've got a few questions for you...

1) Did you use Multibeast for your install?
2) Are you using all four ram slots and if so are you having any freezing problems like those associated with the z87 boards?
3) Are there any tricky steps or snags that you ran into during setup or fine tuning that you have advice for?

I just completed a full system build and successfully installed 10.9.3 with Unibeast after a few hours of headaches, probably because it's been a while since I've ran a Hackintosh.

System specs:
  • Fractal Design R4
  • Coolermaster Vanguard 750W
  • Gigabyte H97-D3H
  • 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
  • Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 3GB
  • 480GB Crucial M500 SSD (Windows boot drive)
  • 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (Mac boot drive)
  • 2TB WD Caviar Black (Mass storage - photos, videos etc.)

Kept getting kernel panics after installing when attempting to boot Mavericks and heaps of DRMStatus freezes; using "-v npci=0x2000" helped. I also updated my UEFI/BIOS to a newer version (F4).
Had to initially enter OS X in safe mode on first boot (-v -x boot flags) to install Multibeast and just used Quick Start DSDT-Free option and kext for Intel1000e LAN.

I don't use integrated graphics, so I disabled it in UEFI settings. I haven't installed a working kext for ALC1150 as yet, so I'll figure that one out later as I use a USB audio device so I'm covered for audio anyway. As reported by a few others on H97/Z97, the regular ALC1150 kext doesn't seem to work.

Installed the nVidia web driver and enabled it without any problems.

Sleep/wake works fine.

UEFI settings:

• Load optimised defaults
  • Advanced memory settings > XMP Profile 1
  • VT-d disabled
  • XHCI mode Auto
  • Intel Processor Graphics Disabled (Optional)
  • XHCI Hand-off Enabled
  • EHCI Hand-off Enabled
  • SATA configuration AHCI

I'll write up a proper build article later on for those who are looking to use the same motherboard. I'd imagine the same workflow would apply to the Z97 version as well.

I'm a now happy Hackintosh user dual-booting Mavericks 10.9.3 and Windows 8.1 Pro.

My Components
Gigabyte H97M-D3H
Intel i5-4590
Transcend 8G
EVGA GTX 660 2G SC
hitachi 1TB
ODIN 800W

Bios Setting
Disable VT-d
SATA mode = AHCI
Disable Onboard VGA

install use -v GraphiceEnabler=No

After install,first boot occur error. I used memmax=4096 can ignore this problem, after multiBeast install can fixed this problem.

MultiBeast:
DSDT Free
Audio > Relatek 892
Disk > 3rd party SATA
Disk > Trim patch
Misc > FakeSMC + Plugins + HW Monitor
Misc > USB3.0

After multiBeast, the ethernet card is missing, so I install realtek kext from multiBeast.

Key issues:
follow Quick Fix for Intel HD 4600 Graphics Acceleration on 9 Series Motherboards to fixed Onboard Audio, and same happened waking from sleep, the sound is not working.

2. Whether automatic or manual sleep, The VGA card fan, CPU fan and power fan are still running.
They would stop the moment (about one second), and automatically up and running.

Could you help solve this problem. Thank you a lot.

I got a GA-H97N-WIFI that is running swiftly now.

Had a bit of teething issues, but mostly because this is a new board and some stuff is not ready for it yet.

Still, running a i5-4570, 16G RAM, 2 HD, one for 10.9.3, the other for Win8.
I got WIFI by hooking with ethernet an old wifi router set to extender mode, and sound with a USB interface I had.

HD4600 with the quick patch available here, sleep is fine.

Having a blast!

So, it's coming along quite nicely.
Great community. :)

How are you? need help. I have the ga-z97x-ud5 h. In bios, I can not find the"vt-d" option. I can not select X.M.P to put Profile 1. I have a Haswell build. i7 4770k, Hyper X memory 1866 and Hyper X ssd. I believe it is my bios. I can not access these options. Help is greatly appreciated.

How are you? need help. I have the ga-z97x-ud5 h. In bios, I can not find the"vt-d" option. I can not select X.M.P to put Profile 1. I have a Haswell build. i7 4770k, Hyper X memory 1866 and Hyper X ssd. I believe it is my bios. I can not access these options. Help is greatly appreciated.
You have a "K" processor which causes the BIOS to not use the VT-d which is why you don't see it.

If your memory is on the GA-Z97X-UD5H memory support list and supports X.M.P., you should be able to set the X.M.P. BIOS parameter to Profile1. Make sure you're using the latest BIOS version.

p5ld2vm, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting your setup in the Build forums. I saw that you had very good success on your H97N-WIFI build. I'm having a few issues with not being able to reboot after a day or two of running. I figure I'd start from scratch again. Did you follow Stork's build or did you do it differently?

Thanks!

I couldn't get the audio to work trying all sorts of kexts and dsdt editing, buying a sound card etc( the only audio output showed was airplay). Finally, what worked was I'm on a 2 monitor setup, I used synergy to link both with 1 mouse and keyboard(optional). Then downloaded x-mirage to act as an airplay server on the working computer with sound, then downloaded Airfoil to broadcast all system audio from my new Hackintosh to my other mac next to it. Lol I know its ghetto but it works:headbang:
ROCK ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back