i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to all. I have this strange problem and i don't know how to solve it.
My hack wake up immediately from sleep because of bluetooth internal usb. If i disconnect the usb cable from the motherboard everything is ok.
I had a DW1560 adapter before and i was think that was the problem, so i bought a BCM94360SC2 with a pci-e adapter connected to pci-e 1x slot but the problem still exist.
My usbport.kext is for sure ok and HS13 is mapped as internal 255. My bios settings also is correct. Also i have try to disconnect all the devices and the problem is for sure from internal bluetooth usb.
Also i had clear cmos twice and reset nvram several times with no luck.
From Windows 10 the computer goes to sleep, so the problem is from Mac OS.
With others usb internal devices such as corsair node or thunderbolt i haven't any problem
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ I solved my problem by adding the following patches to acpi section and the use of SSDT-GPRW, but i want to tell if you can take a look if they are safe for my hack. The only problem is my hack can wake up only with the power button from the case.
Maybe other users can solve their sleep issues that i had with the same procedure.

Attachments

• config-OC.plist
    7 KB · Views: 106
@CaseySJ I solved my problem by adding the following patches to acpi section and the use of SSDT-GPRW, but i want to tell if you can take a look if they are safe for my hack. The only problem is my hack can wake up only with the power button from the case.
Maybe other users can solve their sleep issues that i had with the same procedure.
We are using the same procedure on Z390 Designare and Z490 Vision D for those who only wish to wake the system with power button. This hack disables wake-from-USB (which includes Bluetooth), hence system can be woken only with power button. It's okay to use this on Z390 AORUS Master.

Would this be compatible with the Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Ultra? I'm trying to avoid having to route a cable outside the case for this exact reason, and I'd be perfectly fine having to press the power button to come back from sleep. I assume I would just need to merge in the bits from the posted plist into my plist?

Would this be compatible with the Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Ultra? I'm trying to avoid having to route a cable outside the case for this exact reason, and I'd be perfectly fine having to press the power button to come back from sleep. I assume I would just need to merge in the bits from the posted plist into my plist?
I suppose you can try it. Take a usb, mount EFI and put there your EFI folder. Make the changes and restart.
Also you have to add SSDT-GPRW to ACPI folder.

I suppose you can try it. Take a usb, mount EFI and put there your EFI folder. Make the changes and restart.
Also you have to add SSDT-GPRW to ACPI folder.
I'm not 100% sure what changes I need to make to my config.plist. I think I just need to copy all the stuff from the plist you uploaded to the OP, but I didn't see anywhere in that plist file where it references SSDT-GPRW in the ACPI -> Add section. I would have expected to see it there, but I really don't know. I've been hackintoshing for less than a week, so my knowledge on these things is nonexistent.

Well, that didn't work. Machine went to sleep, and immediately woke back up. The screen stayed off, but the RGB keyboard, mouse, and all the junk in the case turned back on. I jiggled the mouse and got the login screen. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

Well, that didn't work. Machine went to sleep, and immediately woke back up. The screen stayed off, but the RGB keyboard, mouse, and all the junk in the case turned back on. I jiggled the mouse and got the login screen. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.
There are 2 parts to the solution:
  • Part 1: Copy the SSDT to Clover or OpenCore. If using OpenCore, please add a reference to it in the config.plist --> ACPI section.
  • Part 2: Add an ACPI patch.
Please see this post for more complete details:

Turns out I'm just dumb/lazy :) I copied over all the bits from the OP plist and *boom* sleep works without waking up, and I can hit the power button to turn it back on. Now I just need to figure out why USB devices unmount when it sleeps... And some other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back