i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello,

the rear USB 3.0 ports of my Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H motherboard cause my OS (10.10.3) to freeze and I have to reboot. Only some arrangements of my USB devices (keyboard, mouse, extern HDD …) seem to work and my system doesn't crash. So if I reboot and rearrange the USB plugs, it will work most of the time.
Also, recently I bought an original iMac Broadcom Wi-Fi card (BCM94360CD), wich uses an internal USB 2.0 header for power. The freezing issue occurred also before the buy, but more often since I installed it.
Tomorrow I will try to install windows on a separate drive and see whether the same issue also appears or if it's just a compatibility problem with OS X (maybe the mainboard itself :crazy:).

Hopefully, some of you know a solution for my problem or even had similar appearances ( /with this type of mainboard) because it really drives me crazy to get interrupted in my workflow so often. Thanks in advance. :)

(I will also post this thread in the hardware troubleshooting forum)

Since I installed Windows 7 on a separate SSD and used it for a while the system didn't freeze a single time. So I assume that it's an issue with OS X.

Also, I noticed that my Apple Keyboard with numeric keypad (connected on a rear USB 3.0 port) is not recognized by the Chimera bootloader (for example to choose between the Windows and OS X boot drive); if I connect a different keyboard via a USB 2.0 port on the front panel it works just fine.

I just checked the console, maybe this helps:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-16 um 23.06.25.png

i had this issue once i found out what caused it for me when i was tinkering around it was EHCI Hand off was disabled try enabling EHCI and XHCI. try enabling both and see if that helps you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back