Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z87N-Wifi instantly wakes after going to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, since this thread was so helpful last time I had this issue I thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts on a similar issue. So my sleep has been perfect for the last few months, but I just installed a new media card reader/usb 2.0/3.0 hub into my hackintosh and it works great, however it stops my sleep functionality. I put the computer to sleep and it sleeps but then instantly wakes up a second later. Same issue I had with my Corsair Link. This hub is internal and has a usb 2.0 port to plug in, a usb 3.0 and then an power cable. Why is it that USB 2.0 devices stop sleep functionality but not the 3.0 devices? Any ideas on how I can get this to work without removing the hub? If you need any further info I'd be glad to provide that, thanks in advance!

Just when you think you've tried everything to make sleep work properly, you find a thread like this.

I have the H80i and was having this same problem. Unplugging the USB cable did the trick.

Unbelievable! Thanks, guys!

Ditto...thanks. Running Sierra and had the same issue. Unplugged and now sleep wake working normally.

Sounds like a USB device is waking your hack up. I had that with my Hack and Mac Mini in 10.11.5 and found out what was causing it was my Apple Magic Mouse 2 which was causing random wake ups but then mine would go back to sleep had the same problem with my Macbook Pro also but sorted it out now.

Hello Violet, How did you solve your magic mouse wake up issue? Im on 10.11.6 and when I have a bluetooth (magicpad) connected sleep wakes and goes back to sleep periodically. When I have magicpad disconnected, sleep works as expected.

Ty!

Kev

Hello Violet, How did you solve your magic mouse wake up issue? Im on 10.11.6 and when I have a bluetooth (magicpad) connected sleep wakes and goes back to sleep periodically. When I have magicpad disconnected, sleep works as expected.

Ty!

Kev

I solved my problem by patching XWAK. No longer have instant wake ups in sleep.

I solved my problem by patching XWAK. No longer have instant wake ups in sleep.

As listed below? (from another thread):

Original Code (Text):

Method(XWAK, ...
{
..some code...
}

CHANGE to

Code (Text):
Method(XWAK, ...
{
Return(0)
..some code...
}

As listed below? (from another thread):

Original Code (Text):

Method(XWAK, ...
{
..some code...
}

CHANGE to

Code (Text):
Method(XWAK, ...
{
Return(0)
..some code...
}

DSDT Method should look like this.

Code:
Method (ZWAK, 0, Serialized)
            {
                If (LOr (LEqual (^^LPCB.XUSB, One), LEqual (XRST, One)))
                {
                    XSEL ()
                }
            }

SSDT Method.

Code:
External (_SB_.PCI0.XHC_, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)

Method (_SB.PCI0.XHC.XWAK, 0, NotSerialized)
    {
    }
}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back