Ivy Bridge i5-3570K
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX560, 2GB OC Edition
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have read almost all posts regarding this topic on this forum, but still couldn't get sleep work properly. So looking for help here.

Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H
BIOS: F16j
CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (quad core)
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1050
Monitor: Dell P2715Q @ 4k / 60Hz, Display Port
Wifi / Bluetooth: BCM94360CS with PCIE
Onboard GPU: disabled

Symptom:

1. If I click the "sleep" menu manually, the system goes to sleep fine. After the system sleeps for a while (more than a few mins), when I try to wake it up, the monitor wakes up and after a while it goes back to sleep due to no signal. The machine is on.

2. If I leave the system to time out and sleep by itself, only the monitor goes off; when I try to wake it up, same symptom as above.

What I have tried (but none worked):

1. additional boot flag: ngfxpatch=pikera
2. additional boot flag: darkwake = 0
3. Customize EDID

Please see attached for following files:

1. EFI zip file (most of my SSDT patches are copied from this repository: https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z77X-UD5H-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches)
2. ioreg dump
3. result from following command:

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

I am looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    25 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
can anybody help?

Hi, I had the exact same problem with my other-halve's custo-mac with the same motherboard and an nvidia 1060 card.

The systemd definition was an iMac 11,1 and I changed this to a 13,2 and it resolved the issue. Maybe this will work for you too?

I ended up using a RX560. Everything works perfectly.

I'm using RX570. My system was fine until I installed some apps. Now, only the display sleeps and can't be waken up again!

I really regret building hackintosh! Too much hassle :/

I'm using RX570. My system was fine until I installed some apps. Now, only the display sleeps and can't be waken up again!

I really regret building hackintosh! Too much hassle :/

If you back up your system often, plus the EFI folder, it should always be able to go back. Plus, I don't think a regular app could mess up your system. Sleep is a fragile thing, even in native OSX system. Check out some of the posts on this forum regarding sleep issues. Also check out my post here.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back