HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've just installed the HDMI Audio DSDT for the Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI (with Bios version F2).

I followed this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-customac-mini-2012-guide-notes-progress.html

But I'm stuck at the boot screen (white with grey Apple logo).

Verbose mode screenshot: Photo 17-05-13 00.24.00.jpg

CPU: 3770K

Hope one of you guys can tell me what's wrong, and how it can be fixed.

Thanks in advance

I've just installed the HDMI Audio DSDT for the Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI (with Bios version F2).

Hope one of you guys can tell me what's wrong, and how it can be fixed.
Boot with DSDT=NULL. Did you rename the dsdt from the data base to DSDT.aml? If yes, delete Extra/DSDT.aml and restart.

Boot with DSDT=NULL. Did you rename the dsdt from the data base to DSDT.aml? If yes, delete Extra/DSDT.aml and restart.

Thanks, works like a charm.

Do you got any ideas on how to enable HDMI Audio then? Thanks.

Thanks, works like a charm.

Do you got any ideas on how to enable HDMI Audio then? Thanks.

1. Boot you system with DSDT=NULL again in order to be sure you are running your system with vanilla DSDT.
2. Download MaciASL and start it. The main window will appear with your current (vanilla) DSDT.
3. Select Patch from the toolbar, press Open and use this patch to patch the DSDT.
4. Close this windows and press Compile on the toolbar to check it.
5. If there are no error (there shouldn't be such), File/Save as and save it as /Extra/DSDT.aml (don't forget the dropdown menu with the file format, it has to be AML and not DSL).
6. Start MultiBeast and select Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC892. Nothing else.
7. Repair the permissions and rebuild the kext cache with Kext Wizard, then reboot.

But before you do all the above steps, make sure:

1. You don't have any HDAEnablers (HDAEnabler*.kext) in /S/L/E.
2. Your board is configured according to this post.

Thank you very much both. It's working flawlessly now. I appreciate it!

The patch may be obsolete, but the step-by-step instructions that were provided by philip_petev were exactly what I was looking for to get the HDMI audio going on my Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi MB. I read through the Easy Guide and had absolutely no clue of what I needed to do, as I am very, very new at this :oops:

I have a 95% working Customac, but I just need a little hand-holding to get the last couple of items fixed (the other being my HDMI video that is all garbled until I power-cycle the monitor). Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back