Onboard Intel 4000 HD with Dual Monitors
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All.
I have had a 10.8.x CustoMac for the past year working just fine with regards to using Integrated Audio via S/PDIF to a soundbar device. The CustoMac is based on a gigabyte GA-z77n-WiFi board, 16gb RAM, i7, and a DIY fusion drive based on a 256gb SSD and 1.5gb rotational HD.

My question is, can someone explain to me how I can have my Intel High Definition Audio S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output show up in the System Sound Preference Panel under Output?

The Details.
I have just upgraded to a 10.9.1 OS. Re-built with MultiBeast 6.0.1. I chose DSDT-Free, Realtek ALCxxx, Without DSDT, ALC887 / 888b Current v100302 (with the auto-selected HDAEnabler). iMac 13,1 was the system definition.

I have 2 attachments, one showing the audio devices in the sound preference panel, and another showing from the hardware report under Apple Menu | About This Mac | More Info ... | System Report.

It shows the Intel High Definition Audio as a collapsable listing under Audio in the System Report of Hardware; yet not listed under the System Sound Preference.

Now, my system audio works. I have connected a bluetooth over-the-ear device as well as a bluetooth mobile speaker, and I can select either as an output device, and I hear audio from iTunes.

I would just like to have the audio via the S/PDIF and output on the Soundbar.

Thank you for any assistance!
-dave
Connecticut, USA

Attachments

• Hardware report.png
    Hardware report.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 229
  • Sound Preference Panel.png
    Sound Preference Panel.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 177
Status
Not open for further replies.