Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z77-ds3h Yosemite boot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Multibeast 5.1.2 for sound and used Realtek ALC8xx>without dsdt>ALC887/888b>v100202 Legacy (75% sure, forgot to write it down lol) or the current. Either way, audio seems to work after sleep with that multibeast and settings... so far.

I installed a second hard drive in my Mountain Lion Hack and did a clean Yosemite install. Everything worked well until I installed Multibeast (other than Audio and 1080p, I used the DSLT Free defaults) and tried to reboot and then I started having random boot issues. Sometimes it would boot, sometimes only in Safe Mode (Enter "-x" at boot screen), sometimes not at all, but every now and then, it DID reboot. But more often than not, I got the white screen, either with or without the cursor in the upper left hand corner.

After finally getting a boot, I re-ran Multi Beast as per post#17. It booted immediately upon restart, but did not boot the second time I tried. The third time, I booted in Safe Mode. The fourth time and ever since after that, it has booted fine.

Thanks for the help!!

On a side note, I have built two Hacks, plus this clean Yosemite install. A lot of the steps I understand but some of it I am just going through the motions, e.g., Multibeast Options, and wish I had a better grasp.

I'm glad I first carbon copied my drive to try this update. I have done the last 3 major updates with only very minor issues. (new kexts needed for audio or ethernet)

This update however, presents many issues for my rev 1.0.

Generally I get halfway done booting and am presented with a 0 with an X through it.

Along with slow boot times (when it boots) I think I'll just go back to my super stable Mavericks until we have some progress made with the stability of 10.10

edit: also when I do get it to boot, I have a strange mouse jumping issue that I haven't heard of anyone reporting. The mouse doesn't always track as it should.

See post 17 and my post 98 for booting issues. As far as the mouse, if you are using a bluetooth dongle, remove the dongle for a few seconds and reinsert it. Either the bluetooth set up assistant should launch and re-recognoze the mouse and keyboaed, or it should simply start behaving.

Installed 10.10.1 and I am back to random boots working. Sometimes white screen, sometimes black screen, eventually with enough tries it boots. I am almost certain this is Nvidia driver related (again) to the GT640 so I'll do another clean wipe of the nvidia drivers and revert back to 10.10 beta drivers again.

Audio took a little messing with the control panel to select "internal speakers" to get the audio to come out.

Well sir, I feel like a moron. I read through all 100 of these replies but missed this golden nugget.

There's a few things going on here:

• Install the ALC887/88b Current v100302 thing from the current version of MultiBeast
  • Restart the PC
  • Go to System Preferences>Sound>Output and you will probably find that "Digital Out" was selected as the device for sound output. Everyone will want to select "Internal Speakers".
  • When you turn the volume up or down, it looks like Yosemite did away with that little beeping noise indicating how loud the volume is. At first I thought my sound still wasn't working.

Thanks again for mentioning this cause I was about to give up!

Which Ethernet driver are you guys using. For some reason Ethernet works fine for me until I use multibeast even though I select no Ethernet driver to install.

I had this issue too; ethernet was recognized prior to using MB (rev 1.1). Is there a way to fix this? Which kext did you end up choosing? It's strange the ethernet is recognized natively before MB, then no longer recognized afterwards.

I had this issue too; ethernet was recognized prior to using MB (rev 1.1). Is there a way to fix this? Which kext did you end up choosing? It's strange the ethernet is recognized natively before MB, then no longer recognized afterwards.

Same thing here. Apparently you need to install an Ethernet driver with Multibeast. I used:

Drivers>Network>Atheros>AtherosE2200Ethernet v1.0.0

That has worked well.

this is how i did mine as i have the Z77-DS3H rev 1.1

Create Unibeast Flash Drive for Yosemite.
did time machine before i upgraded!
then booted into the installer installed straight over Mavericks ones install done i rebooted.
then i booted into Yosemite from SSD drive. make sure to delete old boot loader files then i opened up multibeast for Yosemite.
Settings i used! hope this help you guys :thumbup:

Thank you!!! Thank You!!!:wave:
After much digging this got me up and running on my Z77-DS3H

Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 19.58.10.png

Go to #17 for thumb nail.

jbamford
Thanks for putting this up.
It got the job done.:clap:

Thank you so much guys!!! Got the audio working finally before selecting "buy" online for a usb sound adapter. Whew. Relief. Many thanks.

(BTW ... Im running H77-Ds3h Rev 1.1 and the settings outlined on this thread worked perfectly to get me up and running)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back