Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Ive got a bunch of Issues with this, but the one I am addressing here is that the Network isnt working. This is my first "customac". I have everything set up correctly in the Bios settings, I installed Snow Leopard using Ivy iBoot disk and a retail Snow leopard disk... downloaded both 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 updates and Multibeast.

I updated to 10.6.7 then ran Multi-beast without rebooting. Used EasyBeast, System Utilities, then restarted. 1st problem is that the hard drive wont boot by itself, which easybeast was supposed to take care of buy installing the chimera thing.... so i have to use the iBoot disk everytime still. Then on top of that Network still wont work...

I need internet connection to be able to upgrade to mavericks. I maybe I should just buy a downloadable copy of Lion from Apple Store because it looks like Multibeast for lion has all the correct drivers from my Z77-DS3H board... it has the Atheros drivers for the network and it has the audio drivers I need.

But i still dont know why I cant boot from my hard drive without iBoot disk.

Please Help... I posted something like this 2 days ago and no one responded, how are people supposed to get help around here?

I thought i was saving money by building a hackintosh... I guess you get what you pay for huh?

Thanks for responding, sorry to hear you are having trouble also, but Im glad its not just me... maybe we can help each other if no one else can.

Here is a list of the hardware I have installed. maybe its an incompatible piece of hardware or a wrong setting.

Cpu = intel i7-3700 (non k version)
mobo = Gigabyte z77-DS3H
RAM= crucial Balistics Sport 16 GB (two 8 GB sticks)
Storage= Toshiba SSD (256 GB)
No Video Card

MOBO settings: As instructed I have it set to ACHI . I have HPET enabled. I turned off the dv3 (or whatever) because I read somewhere that the non k variant 3700 series i7 chips might not boot properly if this setting is enabled.

I followed all instructions on installing OSX snow leopard and updating and using multibeast.

ive tried using different boot flags but nothing works, I still have to use iboot.

Also... I dont know what drivers to select in multibeast for my board. The snowleopard version of multibeast only has Realtek drivers for the ethernet port and some other generic drivers... Multibeast for Lion has The Aethros drivers that my Z77-DS3H needs. If I pay for a digital download / upgrade to lion from Apple... how do I download it? Do I have to have access to the Apple store online to download it? the ibook that im using to type this post is too old to access the apple store and my hackintosh has no network access at all.

Snow Leopard won't run on the Z77-DS3H there will be no CPU Powermanagement sleep won't work neither Snow Leopards kernel doesn't have support for IvyBrige CPUs how ever your best bet is going with Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back