Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z77 DS3H -- El Capitan clean install OS X could not be installed on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Dunno if PDT time zone is important too, but worked for me.

Saw this when I did a search for the same issue, fixed it. Excellent, thanks!
Mine does not work in this way also above macOs 10.10 every image of hackintosh show error and i also tried setting date and all but it does not work at all

The time was set correctly when I checked in Terminal yet I still got the message "No packages... etc." But my situation might be different. I'm doing this on an older (2008/9?) Macbook Pro that I'm getting ready to donate. I have already wiped the disk but when I try to reinstall the OS it chooses El Capitan, with consistently fails with this error message. Is this machine perhaps no longer upgradable?

@billmccart

I had the same problem but on a hackintosh machine. The thing is that my system date was correct, today's date and time, I just changed the year only back to 2016 when this version was actual and it worked for me. I tested this today so information is fresh.
I guess Apple has expiration date set from very start when they publish the OS so it does not make it easy for people to use old OS and make them by new hardware to run newest OS version.

Read this if you don't know how to change the date https://bensmann.no/changing-system-date-from-terminal-os-x-recovery/

@intelmacosx86

It didn't work using 2016 nor when I tried 2014 and 2012. I also tried it without the "-u" switch. I kept getting this error message at the start of verifying El Capitan: "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again." Any suggestions?

I don't know, posibly limitation of the genuin Mac hardware, maybe you should try changing the date directly in BIOS and verify from terminal that change is accepted before you proceed.

I made a account just to say thankyou! It's currently 2019 :) from the future here to say thanks! I was using a hackintosh to jailbreak iphones I have that are icloud locked and I need a genuine mac! I hope this works. The solution is to set your date to the year 2016! ❤

@intelmacosx86

Thanks for your Nov. 12 comment. I've been down with bronchitis for a couple of weeks and just now getting back on line. I'm not aware of how to update the BIOS directly and didn't find instructions through a quick Google search. Can you provide details or point me to instructions? Thanks!

@ intelmacosx86 Thank you very much, the hard work of one week was solved wonderfully.

Append:
After confirming the operation with MacPro 3.1 (actual machine), we confirmed the operation with HP8100CMT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back