Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z77 DS3H 95% working except some weird USB issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I have a Elgato Eyetv 2 which works fine everywhere else but my Hackintosh but then I installed the IOUSBFamily kext from my mountain lion Air and it magically started working.

what was your trouble with eyetv? my playback is really choppy for some reason.. but only every minute or so

Yes thank you! Now my 2 front USB 3 ports work for USB 2 sticks on B75M-D3P board.

I currently have a issue USB that is slightly different from what I have read. My USB works find until I plug in another USB device, then the whole USB bus stops working until I restart the machine. If I plug any USB device in with the machine on then anything that is connected to the USB will stop working. The optical mouse no longer has the red light as if the power is turned off to the USB bus or circuit. Has anyone had this problem. I saw a comment in an earlier post about ram and profile #. I will give this a try and see if it makes any difference. I will update my findings.

Update:
I changed the XHCI Pre Boot Driver: To disable, Also XCHI Mode: To Disable, and Ram Profile 1 = No Change
So Changed the XCHI back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I currently have a issue USB that is slightly different from what I have read. My USB works find until I plug in another USB device, then the whole USB bus stops working until I restart the machine. If I plug any USB device in with the machine on then anything that is connected to the USB will stop working. The optical mouse no longer has the red light as if the power is turned off to the USB bus or circuit. Has anyone had this problem. I saw a comment in an earlier post about ram and profile #. I will give this a try and see if it makes any difference. I will update my findings.

Update:
I changed the XHCI Pre Boot Driver: To disable, Also XCHI Mode: To Disable, and Ram Profile 1 = No Change
So Changed the XCHI back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have exactly the same problem!

there is a bios update which fixes a few hardware based USB problems, but no idea if that solves the problem.
i got as more troubles as more traffic i have on the usb bus.
currently i've attached a Ableton Push Controller, an Akai APC-40, a korg nanopad and a Focusrite Scarlett Audio Interface.
when i enable the USER Mode on Push, USB stops working and a lot of USB Buffer blabla errors are thrown in dmesg.
same issue when i added a korg nanopad. very strage.
sometimes the mouse stops working when i replug it on the USB hub it wont work again but when i change the USB bus on the boards connector, it works again...

i will try first of all to set xhci and if this wont fix the problem, i will update the bios.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? I'm having a similar problem when plugging in flash drives and bus-powered devices into my usb 2.0 ports... Thanks!

I have the same board with i7 3770K
When I plug an usb2 stick into one of the usb3 frontal ports of the case OSX doesn't recognize anything.
But if i press the power button and the system goes to sleep when i wake from stop the usb stick now appears.

Can someone tell me that mystery?

I have the same MOBO, but my USB only work 2 ports (the two lower) the 4 upper isnt work with the USBInjectAll.kext, only work with GenericUSBXHCI.kext, but with this last kext when I wake from sleep (timmed or forced by sleep menu option) the PC got freeze for 1 sec and then restart ..
I already tried a lot of things:
FakePCIID.kext with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
Generate SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-UIAC.aml (generated from Hackintool)
Tried USBPorts.kext too (generated from Hackintool)
None of above worked, only GenericUSBXHCI but gotting freeze restart when wake (for me wake is must have function)

any tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back