Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 ELITE AX D4 + i9-12900K + AMD RX 6600 XT

Ok here's one problem with my z690 setup, it's still on 13.3.1(a) and wouldn't pick up any new Software Updates. No errors and nothing obvious in the system logs. SIP shows enabled.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Hi @hammerhat
I had the same problem.
For me, the solution was to change Misc -> Security ->SecoreBootModel to "Default".

1690911058831.png

Arquicion's Build:
Gigabyte Z690 ELITE AX + i9-12900K + AMD RX 6600 XT

UPDATES

• Nov 26, 2022: EFI updated to OpenCore 0.8.6 with some improvements (RadeonSensors, IntelBTPatcher...)

Hello, thanks for the great work, I have a build with the same hardware, the BIOS version is F6a, but with the 0.8.6 EFI, I can't boot my Mac. Which version of BIOS does the EFI support?

Hello, thanks for the great work, I have a build with the same hardware, the BIOS version is F6a, but with the 0.8.6 EFI, I can't boot my Mac. Which version of BIOS does the EFI support?
Hi! Try the first EFI attached, the oldest one. Or check your bios settings. You can share, I can help you

Hi! Try the first EFI attached, the oldest one. Or check your bios settings. You can share, I can help you
Thank you @arquicion, I'll try the first one. Is the 0.8.6 version built with F20+? The latest bios is F24.

Thank you @arquicion, I'll try the first one. Is the 0.8.6 version built with F20+? The latest bios is F24.
I don't remember the actual bios version, this computer's far away from me right now. So I would try using F8. Then try de lateas EFI.

The F6a BIOS is buggy.

I don't remember the actual bios version, this computer's far away from me right now. So I would try using F8. Then try de lateas EFI.

I upgraded to F8, but it failed to boot with the first EFI, stuck at the Apple logo.

My hardware:
Gigabyte Z690 ELITE AX DDR4 + i9-12900K + Gigabyte AMD RX 6600 XT
WiFi+BT:Fenvi T919

@arquicion: Writing to ask for your help. Just got the same Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 MB and i9-12900K CPU with 32 GB DDR4 and Sapphire Pulse 580 Radeon. Samsung 970 m2 2TB.

USB stick boots and freezes at LOG:EXITBS:START... msg. Same behavior in both OC 7.7 and 8.6, using the two EFIs that you uploaded.

Target OS is Monterey.

Not quite sure where to go next but any help is appreciated. I haven't updated my profile with new hardware since it's not working yet.

Attached is the pic of my boot log. Doesn't get very far at all. Open to suggestions from others as well.

Thanks!

- I

Attachments

• IMG_7492.jpg
    IMG_7492.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 15
Got through this by setting SetupVirtualMap to true in my config.plist. Gets farther, but now stuck on AMRM: _disableBy message

Back