Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

A 13900KF or 12700KF can basically be inserted into a Z690 board using the current configuration?
If your existing Z690 build is updated to a BIOS which supports 13th gen., Raptor Lake is a drop-in upgrade.
If it is not updated yet, do that first, adjust EFI as necessary (e.g. SetupVirtualMap quirk) and then fall back on the previous case.

To create a custom USB port map, please see the following guide by @UtterDisbelief:

These instructions show using the kext creating by Hackintool. The EFI posted on the front page uses ACPI USB files + USBInjectAll. Is there an advantage of one way over another? If I only use the ACPI file w/o USBInjectAll, it doesn't seem to load the information in the ACPI file.

I just updated my BIOS to F21 because I have a new i7-13700KF which I want to install. As when I installed F20, I have lost TB hot plug in my flashed Titan Ridge. Any thoughts as to how I can get hot plug back without going to F8.

I just updated my BIOS to F21 because I have a new i7-13700KF which I want to install. As when I installed F20, I have lost TB hot plug in my flashed Titan Ridge. Any thoughts as to how I can get hot plug back without going to F8.
Does your system crash when it goes to sleep for the second time with the F21 BIOS?

Hello, first of all, congratulations for the successful build. I have a system based on this guide: Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 board with 12900K. At the moment, I stick to BIOS F8. Any higher BIOS does not recognize my Thunderbolt Titan card.

I have verified that the DDR5 memory does its job, and I am going to upgrade the motherboard and the processor to a 13900K. But I have doubts as I want the Aero G DDR5 model. However, I don't know whether to buy the Z690 or the Z790. To maintain compatibility with the guide the Z690 would be better, but I'm afraid that it won't recognize the Thunderbolt card. I don't know if the Z790 would keep the Thunderbolt, either. The problem is that, if I keep on an older BIOS, there is no problem with Thunderbolt. But the old BIOS doesn't work with 13900K, and the new BIOS...I don't know if they will work with Thunderbolt.

I'm in a mess. Can someone shed some light on this? Thank you and congratulations for the work done. Regards.

Hello, first of all, congratulations for the successful build. I have a system based on this guide: Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 board with 12900K. At the moment, I stick to BIOS F8. Any higher BIOS does not recognize my Thunderbolt Titan card.

I have verified that the DDR5 memory does its job, and I am going to upgrade the motherboard and the processor to a 13900K. But I have doubts as I want the Aero G DDR5 model. However, I don't know whether to buy the Z690 or the Z790. To maintain compatibility with the guide the Z690 would be better, but I'm afraid that it won't recognize the Thunderbolt card. I don't know if the Z790 would keep the Thunderbolt, either. The problem is that, if I keep on an older BIOS, there is no problem with Thunderbolt. But the old BIOS doesn't work with 13900K, and the new BIOS...I don't know if they will work with Thunderbolt.

I'm in a mess. Can someone shed some light on this? Thank you and congratulations for the work done. Regards.
I have the Z790 Aero G w/13900K. I am going to test out my flashed Titan Ridge card this weekend with my Apple Thunderbolt display. I'll update whether it works or not later this weekend. The system works, but it crashes when it goes to sleep for the second time. It seems that Z690 Aero G's also have the sleep issue and the hot plug issue once updating to the BIOS that supports the 13000K processors. Hopefully a solution will be found.

I have the Z790 Aero G w/13900K. I am going to test out my flashed Titan Ridge card this weekend with my Apple Thunderbolt display. I'll update whether it works or not later this weekend. The system works, but it crashes when it goes to sleep for the second time. It seems that Z690 Aero G's also have the sleep issue and the hot plug issue once updating to the BIOS that supports the 13000K processors. Hopefully a solution will be found.
Thank you for answering, @nottooshabby. I will wait for your results with Thunderbolt. In my case, the issue of the suspension does not worry me since I do not use it. When I finish with the computer, I turn it off. I do not leave it on if I am not with it. However, I noticed that when you update the BIOS, there is no configuration in the BIOS for Thunderbolt, and the card is not recognized. If your results are positive regarding Thunderbolt, I will buy the Z790.

Thanks again.

These instructions show using the kext creating by Hackintool. The EFI posted on the front page uses ACPI USB files + USBInjectAll. Is there an advantage of one way over another? If I only use the ACPI file w/o USBInjectAll, it doesn't seem to load the information in the ACPI file.
Either method of port mapping is fine. I personally prefer the SSDT method with USBInjectAll because of the flexibility that USBInjectAll provides through boot arguments that can enable or disable any port defined in the SSDT.

The SSDT cannot be use by itself; it’s specifically designed to work with USBInjectAll.

L

ll
I’ll check today.
my system does not crash on wake-up. had it sleep twice woke up fine then I let it sleep overnight and no problem on wake-up. TB 3 drives on flashed Titan Ridge remain connected however if you eject them hot patch will not work. Using 8.3 EFI.

Back