Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@mthayer104

Have you tried disconnecting both USB 2.0 internal headers, then testing sleep/wake?

Because you have a Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Ultra, it uses a different USB port map than the Z690 Aero G. Please post a copy of your USB port map.

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ
are you planning any Z690 build?
A 13900KF or 12700KF can basically be inserted into a Z690 board using the current configuration?
Thanks for your help...

@mthayer104

Have you tried disconnecting both USB 2.0 internal headers, then testing sleep/wake?

Because you have a Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Ultra, it uses a different USB port map than the Z690 Aero G. Please post a copy of your USB port map.
With all HDD's unattached and nothing in the USB headers on the board, when it goes to sleep, it shuts down. I have attached the USBPorts.kext I created for it. Is that what you are looking for?

Hi @CaseySJ
are you planning any Z690 build?
A 13900KF or 12700KF can basically be inserted into a Z690 board using the current configuration?
Thanks for your help...
Hello @zzmadd,

Are you asking whether I'm planning a Z790 build? ;)

The answer is no because I have two Z690 systems and the Z790 should be easy to configure. You may be able to use the Z690 EFI, but it may need some small adjustments.

With all HDD's unattached and nothing in the USB headers on the board, when it goes to sleep, it shuts down. I have attached the USBPorts.kext I created for it. Is that what you are looking for?
If the systems shuts down when attempting to sleep, perhaps we need an ACPI patch similar to the one we use on the Gigabyte Z690 Aero G.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 10.36.53 AM.png

Speaking of the Z790, I tried to use the Z690 Aero G EFI in this thread, version 0.8.3, but it won't load the OpenCore picker. It just goes back to the BIOS. I have tried a few other EFIs, and they do not have this problem. I even have one that let's me boot into Monterey. I would ilke to start with this EFI though. Any idea what may cause that? Is there something wrong with the executable in the BOOT folder?

Edit: Figured it out. There was no boot folder in the EFI....

Last edited:
If the systems shuts down when attempting to sleep, perhaps we need an ACPI patch similar to the one we use on the Gigabyte Z690 Aero G.

View attachment 558583
Yes I have had that in patch all along. I just tried not using it, and made no difference. The only thing left plugged into the board is the BT.

Yes I have had that in patch all along. I just tried not using it, and made no difference. The only thing left plugged into the board is the BT.
I think you forgot to attach the USBPorts kext (USB port map) in Post #2054 above.

I think you forgot to attach the USBPorts kext (USB port map) in Post #2054 above.
This site kept thinking the file was empty. So I put all the USB Port files in a folder and zipped them.

Attachments

• USB Ports.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 15
This site kept thinking the file was empty. So I put all the USB Port files in a folder and zipped them.

Yes, you cannot simply upload an unarchived kext or plist file. Always create a ZIP archive. Photos are okay though.:thumbup:

Back