Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Did anyone upgrade to Ventura? How is it running?

Unfortunately, I don't know why mine is not working. Tried
Code:
sudo nvram name=poles
then reboot and then
Code:
nvram name
but no value. Current BIOS version is F8. Interestingly, Emulated NVRAM is not working also...LOL! Anything I should look for?
One simple test for NVRAM is as follows:
  • At the OpenCore boot picker (OpenCanopy) press and hold CTRL key when selecting a boot disk.
  • That disk will become the new default (assuming there are more than one boot volumes showing).
  • Boot the system. Then restart the computer.
  • At the OpenCore boot picker, check if the default boot disk has indeed changed.

** Ventura Users and Prospective Ventura Users **

Upgrade to latest OpenCore 0.8.5 using HackinDROM's "update" feature described here:

To enable Intel i225-V Ethernet port, simply follow these instructions:

** Ventura Users and Prospective Ventura Users **

Upgrade to latest OpenCore 0.8.5 using HackinDROM's "update" feature described here:

To enable Intel i225-V Ethernet port, simply follow these instructions:
Is the Ethernet fix for Ventura only? Because the title says Monterey and Ventura when you click on it.

On Monterey, this is not necessary. My Ethernet shows up fine.

@CaseySJ

As I'm new on using CPUFriend, can you help me a little bit? As my cpu i5 -12400F has2.5 ghz so, I am guessing the LFM value is 0C (equivalent of 1200mhz). Now I'm bit stuck on the next step like EPP. In this section, should I select 00 (max performance) or 40(balanced performance)? On the Performance Bias, should I select prefer bias range value or any one from the settings found in modern Apple computers? This doesn't show MacPro in the list.
I was playing with the values of LFM value, EPP & Prefer Bias Range. So here is the result of Cinebench R23:

Multi Core:
  1. Without CPUFriend-> 10288
  2. With CPUFriend:
    i> LFM Value: 0C, EPP: 00, Prefer Bias Range: 00 -> 10207
    ii> LFM Value: 0C, EPP: 00, Prefer Bias Range: 01 -> 10190
    iii>LFM Value: 0C, EPP: 40, Prefer Bias Range: 00 -> 10007
The thing is CPUFriendFrined mentions only 4 EPP ranges and Prefer Bias Range shows only iMac, Macbook Pro & Air options except the default. From where I can find more frequency vectors of other real mac models? I know that i5-12400 will definitely not going to provide performance like i5 12600 but honestly I'm just trying to understand how to set correct values on CPUFriendFrined so that I can push the score beyond in comparison without CPUFriend score if possible. Thanks in advance.

** Revised Procedure for Enabling Intel i225-V 2.5GbE in Monterey and Ventura **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link or excerpt instead.

macOS Monterey and Ventura:
AppleVTD must be enabled (click here for procedure). Warning: This may prevent OpenCore boot picker from booting Windows.
Hello
I've just read again (and again) your post and I'm wondering about 'Apple VTD' preventing booting Windows.
Where can I find more information about that ?
Many thanks

@CaseySJ

I was playing with the values of LFM value, EPP & Prefer Bias Range. So here is the result of Cinebench R23:

Multi Core:
  1. Without CPUFriend-> 10288
  2. With CPUFriend:
    i> LFM Value: 0C, EPP: 00, Prefer Bias Range: 00 -> 10207
    ii> LFM Value: 0C, EPP: 00, Prefer Bias Range: 01 -> 10190
    iii>LFM Value: 0C, EPP: 40, Prefer Bias Range: 00 -> 10007
The thing is CPUFriendFrined mentions only 4 EPP ranges and Prefer Bias Range shows only iMac, Macbook Pro & Air options except the default. From where I can find more frequency vectors of other real mac models? I know that i5-12400 will definitely not going to provide performance like i5 12600 but honestly I'm just trying to understand how to set correct values on CPUFriendFrined so that I can push the score beyond in comparison without CPUFriend score if possible. Thanks in advance.
We simply copy and paste these settings from a real Mac by peering into the software update package and extracting the appropriate file. I’ve not done this myself, but there may some information in the CPUFriendDataProvider repo on GitHub.

Hello
I've just read again (and again) your post and I'm wondering about 'Apple VTD' preventing booting Windows.
Where can I find more information about that ?
Many thanks
This is still a bit of a puzzle. I have several Hackintoshes, all of which are dual or triple boot. I’ve never experienced a Windows boot problem through OpenCore with or without AppleVTD enabled.

If you experience such a problem, let’s take a look at your config.plist with serial numbers removed.

Back