Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

From the early report on another motherboard, it should just work.

Hey @CaseySJ

I want to more about some of the patches you have used.
  1. CPUFriend & CPUDataProvider.kext
    According to Dortania guide if XCPM Present in IORegistryExplorer then your native power management is working. I guess initially, native power management is working in your build too but still you gone for CPUFriend...right? How do I know that manual modification of power management data is needed to leverage the full functionality of CPU for my system?
  2. CpuTscSync.kext
    Did you just use it to solve some kernel panics after wake?
  3. SSDT-DMAC.aml
    How do I know If I need it or not?
  4. How do you managed to map USB using USBInjectAll.kext & XchiPortLimit on Monterey? Because it should show only 15 ports in Hackintool and you already knew XchiPortLimit broken from Big Sur 11.2.3 and up.​
  5. Does NVRAM also depends on which SMBIOS you choose or only BIOS? Mine is broken.​
My config:
MOBO: Gigabyte Z690 UD AX DDR5
CPU: i5-12400F
GPU: RX 6600 8GB
RAM: 16GB DDR5 5200 Mhz

Actually this things are pending in my case. A little info will help a lot. Thanks in advance.

I'm excited to drop in a 13900k, but been unable to boot since upgrading to firmware F20b with my Gigabyte Z690 Aero G, 12900k, RX 6600. Anyone else try or got ideas? I've double checked the bios settings and went back to F8 to check that something else wasn't off, but F8 works every time.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-10-23-180922.txt
    256 KB · Views: 35
I'm excited to drop in a 13900k, but been unable to boot since upgrading to firmware F20b with my Gigabyte Z690 Aero G, 12900k, RX 6600. Anyone else try or got ideas? I've double checked the bios settings and went back to F8 to check that something else wasn't off, but F8 works every time.
Do you have setupvirtualmap enabled in your opencore config?

Hey @CaseySJ

I want to more about some of the patches you have used.
  1. CPUFriend & CPUDataProvider.kext
    According to Dortania guide if XCPM Present in IORegistryExplorer then your native power management is working. I guess initially, native power management is working in your build too but still you gone for CPUFriend...right? How do I know that manual modification of power management data is needed to leverage the full functionality of CPU for my system?
  2. CpuTscSync.kext
    Did you just use it to solve some kernel panics after wake?
  3. SSDT-DMAC.aml
    How do I know If I need it or not?
  4. How do you managed to map USB using USBInjectAll.kext & XchiPortLimit on Monterey? Because it should show only 15 ports in Hackintool and you already knew XchiPortLimit broken from Big Sur 11.2.3 and up.​
  5. Does NVRAM also depends on which SMBIOS you choose or only BIOS? Mine is broken.​
My config:
MOBO: Gigabyte Z690 UD AX DDR5
CPU: i5-12400F
GPU: RX 6600 8GB
RAM: 16GB DDR5 5200 Mhz

Actually this things are pending in my case. A little info will help a lot. Thanks in advance.
Hello @poles,

To answer your questions:
  1. CPUFriend is used to regulate processor frequencies by overriding default values that might result in lower performance during demanding tasks. In this case we're using power regulation curves from a real iMacPro1,1. This results in significantly better benchmarks -- we can run those benchmarks with and without CPUFriend enabled to see the difference.
  2. CpuTscSync is disabled and should not be used any longer. It was added during early testing phase of Alder Lake, but it not needed and in fact should not be used.
  3. SSDT-DMAC is optional and might be better to disable.
  4. For USB port mapping, I use IORegistryExplorer in combination with USBInjectAll. I do not actually use Hackintool for this purpose. I've documented the port discovery process here.
  5. NVRAM is independent of System Product Name. NVRAM works properly on Z490 and newer boards.

@CaseySJ, Thanks for the info.
CPUFriend is used to regulate processor frequencies by overriding default values that might result in lower performance during demanding tasks. In this case we're using power regulation curves from a real iMacPro1,1. This results in significantly better benchmarks -- we can run those benchmarks with and without CPUFriend enabled to see the difference.
As I'm new on using CPUFriend, can you help me a little bit? As my cpu i5 -12400F has2.5 ghz so, I am guessing the LFM value is 0C (equivalent of 1200mhz). Now I'm bit stuck on the next step like EPP. In this section, should I select 00 (max performance) or 40(balanced performance)? On the Performance Bias, should I select prefer bias range value or any one from the settings found in modern Apple computers? This doesn't show MacPro in the list.

For USB port mapping, I use IORegistryExplorer in combination with USBInjectAll. I do not actually use Hackintool for this purpose. I've documented the port discovery process here.
Understood.

NVRAM is independent of System Product Name. NVRAM works properly on Z490 and newer boards.
Unfortunately, I don't know why mine is not working. Tried
Code:
sudo nvram name=poles
then reboot and then
Code:
nvram name
but no value. Current BIOS version is F8. Interestingly, Emulated NVRAM is not working also...LOL! Anything I should look for?

Back