Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

As @Leesureone mentioned above, do you see this in BIOS?
  • Settings → IOPorts → SATA Configuration
    • SATA Mode AHCI (default) ?
Looks like this in the new BIOS, what version BIOS are you using?
image_6483441.JPG

Looks like this in the new BIOS, what version BIOS are you using?
I was running BIOS F7, but my Z690 Aero G was recently retired after switching to Asus ProArt Z690-Creator. Nevertheless, some more questions:
  • How many SATA SSDs are installed?
  • Do all SATA drives show up in BIOS?
    • Because you have only one NVMe SSD (WD SN850), all 6 SATA ports are usable
    • Your screenshot shows only SATA2, SATA3, SATA4, SATA5 and all are Not Installed
    • Which SATA ports are your SATA SSDs connected to?
  • Are power cables connected to all SATA SSDs?
  • When you boot from the USB flash disk, does the OpenCore Boot Picker appear on screen?
  • If so, which boot options are available?

I was running BIOS F7, but my Z690 Aero G was recently retired after switching to Asus ProArt Z690-Creator. Nevertheless, some more questions:
  • How many SATA SSDs are installed?
I tried with one SSD and with one NVMe. I find MacOS only likes one SSD when installing. (neither one worked)
86C12F64-977F-482C-866C-F2E953785855_1_105_c.jpeg

• Do all SATA drives show up in BIOS?
Yes, and they show up on the F12 Boot Screen as well.
B72E3F00-B369-4F5F-A9F2-F3F72C1F03A3_1_105_c.jpeg

• Because you have only one NVMe SSD (WD SN850), all 6 SATA ports are usable
    • Your screenshot shows only SATA2, SATA3, SATA4, SATA5 and all are Not Installed
    • Which SATA ports are your SATA SSDs connected to?
I tried a blank SATA SSD on Port 7, same results. I only left the NVMe SSD in for the install.
  • Are power cables connected to all SATA SSDs?
Yes, double checked cables. Also, can boot to Ubuntu and see drives.
  • When you boot from the USB flash disk, does the OpenCore Boot Picker appear on screen?
Yes, the Install Monterey icon appears on the OpenCore Boot screen. Here is what I get if I press the spacebar. No debug options as far as I know.
3A74A10B-E1D5-4494-A55C-B66265DB1A5C_1_105_c.jpeg

• If so, which boot options are available?

Install Monterey
OpenShell
Reset NVRAM

I tried with one SSD and with one NVMe. I find MacOS only likes one SSD when installing. (neither one worked)
View attachment 551719

Yes, and they show up on the F12 Boot Screen as well.
View attachment 551720

I tried a blank SATA SSD on Port 7, same results. I only left the NVMe SSD in for the install.

Yes, double checked cables. Also, can boot to Ubuntu and see drives.

Yes, the Install Monterey icon appears on the OpenCore Boot screen. Here is what I get if I press the spacebar. No debug options as far as I know.
View attachment 551721

Install Monterey
OpenShell
Reset NVRAM
Simply select “Install macOS Monterey” and wait for installer to boot up. Does it boot up?

If it boots up, go to Step 7 in Post 1.

Simply select “Install macOS Monterey” and wait for installer to boot up. Does it boot up?

If it boots up, go to Step 7 in Post 1.
No, it immediately goes to this screen after I hit enter on install Monterey. Should I rebuild it with a 32GB USB drive?
IMG_0272.png

No, it immediately goes to this screen after I hit enter on install Monterey. Should I rebuild it with a 32GB USB drive?
It’s advisable to use a USB 3 flash drive, preferably 32GB although 16GB ought to be sufficient. In Post 1 there is a USB port map diagram showing which ports are enabled and which are disabled. We must ensure that we plug the USB flash drive into an enabled USB port.

Also advisable to double check BIOS parameters and EFI folder.

When you ran OpenCore Configurator, what version was displayed in the title bar of the window?

It’s advisable to use a USB 3 flash drive, preferably 32GB although 16GB ought to be sufficient. In Post 1 there is a USB port map diagram showing which ports are enabled and which are disabled. We must ensure that we plug the USB flash drive into an enabled USB port.

Also advisable to double check BIOS parameters and EFI folder.

When you ran OpenCore Configurator, what version was displayed in the title bar of the window?
OpenCore 0.8.3 Development Configuration

I am going to build a 250 GB USB3.0 SSD as the USB Boot drive. I can't find any USB 3.0 drives in my stash :). I will report back shortly. :)

Just confirmed that Intel WiFi and Intel Bluetooth are now working in Monterey!! I'm testing on the Gigabyte Z390 Designare.

Will install Ventura public beta shortly and test there as well.

Update:
Works in Ventura as well!

Mini-Guide posted here:

Last edited:
Back