Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@CaseySJ, I've successfully installed Monterey on this Z690 Aero G DDR5 board.

But I have a question, it seems USBInjectAll.kext must be enabled. Otherwise no matter if I use SSDT to customize USB, or use USBPort.kext, Hackintool always shows I only have HSxx ports.

I also have Windows installed on this computer. Therefore, I want the minimum modification to Windows. So can I use USBPort.kext only to customize the USB ports, without USBInjectAll.kext?

I want to go with this build but the video card is breaking the budget.
What would be a more affordable video card?

Something like the SAPPHIRE 11293-01-20G Radeon Pulse RX 5700 Xt ?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WC7683C/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Thank you for your guidance on this.

You can find a RX 6600 XT at a lower price point than that linked 5700 XT, and I think it'll probably be about the same in performance. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong there.

You can find a RX 6600 XT at a lower price point than that linked 5700 XT, and I think it'll probably be about the same in performance. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong there.
Used RX 5700XTs going for around the $275 level.

@CaseySJ, I've successfully installed Monterey on this Z690 Aero G DDR5 board.

But I have a question, it seems USBInjectAll.kext must be enabled. Otherwise no matter if I use SSDT to customize USB, or use USBPort.kext, Hackintool always shows I only have HSxx ports.

I also have Windows installed on this computer. Therefore, I want the minimum modification to Windows. So can I use USBPort.kext only to customize the USB ports, without USBInjectAll.kext?
To create a custom USB port map, please see the following guide by @UtterDisbelief:

@CaseySJ,

Bingo (part II)!! TB hot plug works with your SSDT! I just love it! :clap:

However, another problem has shown up. After several days of sleep/wake cycles, the Ethernet doesn't work on wake-up. Cure is to reboot, reset NVRAM. Once booted onto the Desktop, Ethernet is alive and functioning. Have we seen this before? If so, is there a solution?

I've been playing with configs and ran across this exact problem @Stork has - after the computer goes to sleep, you wake it up and the Ethernet interface does not work. Did you find a fix for this? I haven't seen one in the thread.

The config right now is the @CaseySJ OC 0.78 with a clean install of Monterey 12.4 on it. I reloaded it because of a similar issue - the Ethernet was all messed up, in preferences it had a WiFi on/off switch for the Ethernet port. Wish I had taken a screenshot before wiping it.

I've been playing with configs and ran across this exact problem @Stork has - after the computer goes to sleep, you wake it up and the Ethernet interface does not work. Did you find a fix for this? I haven't seen one in the thread.
Wow! That was last May! I have a hard time remembering what I did yesterday!

Unfortunately, since I'm on OC 0.8.2, I don't know what I/we did. Sorry.

Wow! That was last May! I have a hard time remembering what I did yesterday!

Unfortunately, since I'm on OC 0.8.2, I don't know what I/we did. Sorry.
So you were able to fix it?

Back