Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

ok, I did an rm * in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticData , then rebooted.

It came up without the error message. However it created another shutdownstall file. Three more reboots resulted in three more shutdownstall files being created, but no error messages.

Interesting, on my Z490 Vision G system, there's a shutdown_stall file from each reboot. No error messages, Big Sur 11.6.7

ok, I did an rm * in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticData , then rebooted.

It came up without the error message. However it created another shutdownstall file. Three more reboots resulted in three more shutdownstall files being created, but no error messages.
Boot with -v and see if there is a lilu.kext backtrace message. Curious to know.

You shut your computer down because of a problem

I'm getting this after every single boot or reboot. After reviewing the troubleshooting section, the only thing I've got in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports are these SiriSearchFeedback diag files, I've deleted them and the problem persists. I cannot figure this one out. @CaseySJ would you please look at the config and see if there's anything I'm missing? I've tried a custom usb map, OC upgraded to 0.81 with hackindrom, cleared the cmos, loaded optimized defaults and set things back. Allow LAN to wake up is not checked.

Edited to add - have cleared NVRAM several times.

It is a pretty vanilla config:

Z690 Aero G (Bios F7)
Replaced Intel with Broadcom
Monterey 12.4
Sabrent Rocket NVMe ssd (not plus)
No TB
remove any files called sleepwake or similar in /Library/Logs folder

Boot with -v and see if there is a lilu.kext backtrace message. Curious to know.

The text lilu does not appear in the log file after booting with -v

Do I need to use the debug version of opencore?

The text lilu does not appear in the log file after booting with -v

Do I need to use the debug version of opencore?
I meant:
  • Does your system start to boot and it resets?
  • After it resets/restarts, does it eventually boot to desktop?
If that's the case, do you see a lilu.kext backtrace message if you boot in verbose mode?

I meant:
  • Does your system start to boot and it resets?
  • After it resets/restarts, does it eventually boot to desktop?
If that's the case, do you see a lilu.kext backtrace message if you boot in verbose mode?
It boots and runs fine since I deleted all the files in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Strangely enough, after each reboot, it creates another shutdown_stall file, but I no longer get the popup "you shut down your computer because of a problem"

It boots and runs fine since I deleted all the files in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Strangely enough, after each reboot, it creates another shutdown_stall file, but I no longer get the popup "you shut down your computer because of a problem"
yes my z690 My Elitebook and Nuc 10 do the same recreating shutdown_stall file but no pop up.

I did a clean install and everything seems to be good, except sleep.

The first time I tried putting it to sleep, I hit the apple and clicked sleep. It went to sleep and would not wake up, period. Power button, keyboard, mouse, NOTHING would wake it up. What was really weird was not even the reset button would work, I had to turn the power supply off and back on. It booted and I got the "you restarted ...."

There was one file in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports - Sleep Wake Failure_2022-06-22-123159_slicks-iMac.diag

I moved that file to the desktop, rebooted, it came up without any errors.

Second try, I had it running, hit the apple and clicked sleep. It seemed to go to sleep for about two seconds, then came back on. Nothing in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Attached is what was in the .diag file

Any suggestions/ideas ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 1.44.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 1.44.05 PM.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 37
I did a clean install and everything seems to be good, except sleep.

The first time I tried putting it to sleep, I hit the apple and clicked sleep. It went to sleep and would not wake up, period. Power button, keyboard, mouse, NOTHING would wake it up. What was really weird was not even the reset button would work, I had to turn the power supply off and back on. It booted and I got the "you restarted ...."

There was one file in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports - Sleep Wake Failure_2022-06-22-123159_slicks-iMac.diag

I moved that file to the desktop, rebooted, it came up without any errors.

Second try, I had it running, hit the apple and clicked sleep. It seemed to go to sleep for about two seconds, then came back on. Nothing in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Attached is what was in the .diag file

Any suggestions/ideas ?
Some comments:
  • Is Wake for Network Access unchecked in System Preferences --> Energy Saver? (We should uncheck it.)
  • Are you using the EFI folder from this thread? If so, have any changes been made to USB port map?
  • Have you looked at the sleep log file (it is a bit cryptic)? After attempting sleep, feel free to post sleeplog.txt after running this:
Bash:
pmset -g log | tail -750 > ~/Documents/sleeplog.txt

Back