Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi guys! May I ask has anyone encountered this problem with using AQC113c on the 12.4 system to wake up immediately after sleeping?

When I plug in the network cable - sleeps 5s and wakes up, when I unplug the network cable it sleeps fine. I don't have this problem on 12.3.1. I'm using a Gigabyte Z690 Master and Mac Pro 7,1. OC 0.8.2 beta

My current configuration: Enable SSDT-AQUANTIA.aml, disable DisableIoMapper, enable ForceAquantiaEthernet.

When I don't use SSDT-AQUANTIA.aml the computer can't detect ethernet.

Thank you so much for everyone's help
I have same issue after 12.4. I didn't find a solution yet, apart from disconnecting cable before putting computer to sleep.

Is Wake for Network Access disabled in System Preferences —> Energy Saver?
Thanks for your reply, exactly! I only turned on "put disk to sleep when possible", all other options in save energy have been disabled.

And also I used “sudo pmset -c tcpkeepalive 0”, but all to no avail.

I found that when I enable sstd-aqc113c and plug in the network cable, even though I delete "Ethernet" in System Preferences - Network just leaving wifi, the computer still can't sleep.

Thanks for your reply, exactly! I only turned on "put disk to sleep when possible", all other options in save energy have been disabled.

And also I used “sudo pmset -c tcpkeepalive 0”, but all to no avail.

I found that when I enable sstd-aqc113c and plug in the network cable, even though I delete "Ethernet" in System Preferences - Network just leaving wifi, the computer still can't sleep.
I was able to reproduce this problem on Gigabyte Z390 Designare, in which I've installed a Gigabyte GC-AQC113C network card and enabled the AQC 113C SSDT.
  • With Ethernet cable connected, the system will enter sleep for about 2 seconds, then wake up.
  • With Ethernet cable disconnected, the system will sleep normally.
  • Even with hibernatemode, standby, and autopoweroff set to 0, the problem remains.

You shut your computer down because of a problem

I'm getting this after every single boot or reboot. After reviewing the troubleshooting section, the only thing I've got in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports are these SiriSearchFeedback diag files, I've deleted them and the problem persists. I cannot figure this one out. @CaseySJ would you please look at the config and see if there's anything I'm missing? I've tried a custom usb map, OC upgraded to 0.81 with hackindrom, cleared the cmos, loaded optimized defaults and set things back. Allow LAN to wake up is not checked.

Edited to add - have cleared NVRAM several times.

It is a pretty vanilla config:

Z690 Aero G (Bios F7)
Replaced Intel with Broadcom
Monterey 12.4
Sabrent Rocket NVMe ssd (not plus)
No TB

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 10.24.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 10.24.15 AM.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 34
  • LWScreenShot 2022-06-18 at 10.00.31 PM.png
    LWScreenShot 2022-06-18 at 10.00.31 PM.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 34
  • config_cleaned.plist
    32.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Whoops, inadvertently left that out of things I've tried. Added that to the original post.
In the /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports folder, check if there are any hidden files such as .contents.panic:
Bash:
cd /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports
ls -al

In the /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports folder, check if there are any hidden files such as .contents.panic:
Bash:
cd /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports
ls -al

There's several shutdownstall files in there.

Which reminds me - I've also tried iMac20,2 as well as macpro7,1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 1.42.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 1.42.18 PM.png
    29 KB · Views: 26
There's several shutdownstall files in there.

Which reminds me - I've also tried iMac20,2 as well as macpro7,1
Does a ShutdownStall file get created each time you shut down the computer? Were there 5 shutdown attempts today at these times?
  • 10:15
  • 10:18
  • 11:00
  • 11:02
  • 12:50
Have you tried the process of elimination, namely:
  • Disconnect all Thunderbolt devices
  • Disconnect all USB devices except keyboard, mouse, and Bluetooth
When did this problem begin?
  1. Was shutdown working properly (without the warning message on login) for some time?
  2. And then suddenly the warning started to appear?
  3. What changes were made between 1 and 2?

Does a ShutdownStall file get created each time you shut down the computer? Were there 5 shutdown attempts today at these times?
  • 10:15
  • 10:18
  • 11:00
  • 11:02
  • 12:50
Have you tried the process of elimination, namely:
  • Disconnect all Thunderbolt devices
  • Disconnect all USB devices except keyboard, mouse, and Bluetooth
When did this problem begin?
  1. Was shutdown working properly (without the warning message on login) for some time?
  2. And then suddenly the warning started to appear?
  3. What changes were made between 1 and 2?
The only devices connected are keyboard, mouse and Bluetooth

I believe these started right after the first reboot after my install last week. Really not much has changed. A few times I have booted from a USB drive with a different EFI while troubleshooting this issue.

I'm going to try deleting those files and rebooting - will report back.

Back