Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I've been using your Maple Ridge SSD which I assume takes into account these other SSDTs. Hopefully, we're slowly getting to be able to hot plug.

Anybody trying to mod the Maple Ridge card's firmware? Or do we have await Apple using Maple Ridge in their macOS or model firmware?
Got a Maple Ridge from a friend, really hoping this card can work.

** OpenCore 0.7.8 for Gigabyte Z690 Aero G Alder Lake **
Supports Big Sur and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Also available from the HackinDROM App

** NOTE **

Please use OpenCore Configurator 2.56.0.0 or next version and ensure that it's set to
0.7.8 Development Configuration or 0.7.8 Release Configuration

When using OpenCore Configurator, ensure that only one EFI partition is mounted​

Windows Users:
If you are unable to boot Windows through OpenCore, try disabling AppleVTD by following the bottom half of this post.

Monterey -- What Does Not Work:
  • Laird BT851 Bluetooth 5.0 USB dongle not working at this time.
  • If Monterey is installed on Samsung NVMe SSDs, boot time can increase by 60-100 seconds due to "trim" incompatibilty.
    • This can be addressed by cloning the Samsung NVMe SSD to another disk, erasing the Samsung NVMe SSD with Disk Utility, and cloning macOS back. Please be careful with this process if you decide to do it.
  • Crucial P2 NVMe SSDs (only P2 series) also suffer from trim issues in Monterey.

This Update Includes:
  • OpenCore 0.7.8
  • AppleALCU 1.6.9
  • Lilu 1.6.0
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.7
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.7
This update also includes the following configuration changes:
  • If you're using a Marvell (Aquantia) AQC-107 or AQC-113 10GbE Ethernet adapter:
    • Includes kernel patch v3 for Monterey 12.3 and newer.
    • The correct kernel patch is automatically selected.
    • When booting previous versions of macOS, patch v2 is applied automatically.
    • Please enable both kernel patches if you're using one of these adapters (see screenshot below).

Caveat:
macOS does not recognize the difference between P-cores and E-cores. Tasks will be scheduled on both types of cores as if they were all the same type.

Your Tasks:
To use this EFI folder please make the following changes to config.plist.

Set ResizeAppleGpuBars to 0 if Resizable BAR Support is enabled in BIOS. System will boot to black screen if this is not set properly.
OCC - Booter.png

Copy PlatformInfo credentials:
OCC - PlatformInfo.png

By default, a 15-port USB port map is selected. If you're using a different port map, select it from the list.
OCC - ACPI.png

To show proper CPU name in About this Mac, set the following string accordingly. By default it is set to 10-Core Intel i5-12600K.
OCC - NVRAM - RevCpuName.png

Specify your GPU Name:
OCC - Dev Prop - GPU Audio.png

Specify your GPU name once more (for GPU audio):
OCC - Dev Prop - GPU.png

The Marvell (Aquantia) kernel patch section does not require any modifications. It looks like this:
OCC - Kernel - Patch.png

Updates:
  • None yet

Attachments

• EFI-078-Z690-AERO-G.zip
    43 MB · Views: 426
Last edited:
Copy PlatformInfo credentials:

Having never upgraded an pencore install, when you say "copy Platforminfo" is this something I need to take note of before I copy over the new EFI? Do i mount my EFI partition, then copy these files in?

looking at

it looks like I mount the EFI partition, make a backup (duh) then copy over all the new efi files, then remake any mods I did by hand. so like in your instructions. It almost is like starting from scratch so to speak?

Mike

Having never upgraded an pencore install, when you say "copy Platforminfo" is this something I need to take note of before I copy over the new EFI? Do i mount my EFI partition, then copy these files in?

looking at

it looks like I mount the EFI partition, make a backup (duh) then copy over all the new efi files, then remake any mods I did by hand. so like in your instructions. It almost is like starting from scratch so to speak?

Mike
Please see steps 5 through 11 here:
But mentally replace 0.7.5 with 0.7.8 in those steps.

Here's an interesting observation:
If you use an adapter for the Wi-Fi module and insert it into the first m2 slot, which is from the processor, then the OS starts only after it is turned off. Rebooting leads to panic at the moment of switching the video mode. (When the screen goes blank and the video card should be connected, and then the login window to the system.)
The choice of this slot is due to the fact that the radiator of the lower three slots is common, and the height of the adapter + module is higher than the height of any SSD. And, if the radiator is completely removed, it will come out ugly and the SSD without cooling.

Do you think it can be fixed? I did not find the PCI-e mode switching in the BIOS. Perhaps switching to an earlier version would solve the problem, if it was caused by it at all.

Here's an interesting observation:
If you use an adapter for the Wi-Fi module and insert it into the first m2 slot, which is from the processor, then the OS starts only after it is turned off. Rebooting leads to panic at the moment of switching the video mode. (When the screen goes blank and the video card should be connected, and then the login window to the system.)
The choice of this slot is due to the fact that the radiator of the lower three slots is common, and the height of the adapter + module is higher than the height of any SSD. And, if the radiator is completely removed, it will come out ugly and the SSD without cooling.

Do you think it can be fixed? I did not find the PCI-e mode switching in the BIOS. Perhaps switching to an earlier version would solve the problem, if it was caused by it at all.

I'm curious by what you mean by an adapter - I bought a replacement M.2 card (the recommended Apple compatible one), and if i recall correctly, it goes under the SSD?

Mike

I'm curious by what you mean by an adapter - I bought a replacement M.2 card (the recommended Apple compatible one), and if i recall correctly, it goes under the SSD?

Mike
The adapter for original Apple WiFi modules BCM94360CS from MacBook Air 2013-2017.

@CaseySJ & @beelzebozo,
Currently, I'm using a Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT in my Z690 along with the SSDT that turns off HS14. If I want to test the Airportitlwn, do I need to remove the T919 (and, of course, use another appropriate SSDT which enables HS14)?

@CaseySJ & @beelzebozo,
Currently, I'm using a Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT in my Z690 along with the SSDT that turns off HS14. If I want to test the Airportitlwn, do I need to remove the T919 (and, of course, use another appropriate SSDT which enables HS14)?
@Stork,

Yes it will be necessary to remove the Fenvi because only one WiFi and only Bluetooth controller can be active at a time.

To test AirportItlwm we need to enable the USB SSDT that includes HS14. In other words, on-board Intel Bluetooth operates on HS14, so that port needs to be enabled.

Back