Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Do I do that, then run the upgrade, or vice versa? Am just worried about getting into a non-bootable state

EDIT:
Thinking about it I would guess using the latest opencore configurator would have the right settings, so update the config, then upgrade.
If Load Early is checked on in the current config.plist then yes we should uncheck all of those boxes and then upgrade to latest version of OpenCore.

Also, @CaseySJ the first section of the main post where is says

• MacPro7,1 users click here for additional information about RestrictEvents.
That link does not seem to work anymore - clicking it just takes me to the top of the 1st page of the thread.
Thanks for pointing that out -- link is fixed now.

If Load Early is checked on in the current config.plist then yes we should uncheck all of those boxes and then upgrade to latest version of OpenCore.

Interestingly they are not checked so I will do some more looking after work and get the settings right.

I also still have the original Bios on the board and never updated it since I got it. All of the updates seemed to break crap.

It seems that the latest revisions f23 is safe to update to?

Thanks again,
Mike

Interestingly they are not checked so I will do some more looking after work and get the settings right.

I also still have the original Bios on the board and never updated it since I got it. All of the updates seemed to break crap.

It seems that the latest revisions f23 is safe to update to?

Thanks again,
Mike
It's also okay to backup the current EFI folder to a EFI partition of a USB flash disk (this creates an emergency boot disk) then:
  • Update OpenCore on internal disk using HackinDROM
  • Then edit config.plist using OpenCore Configurator without rebooting
  • Uncheck Load Early and save the file
  • Now reboot

It's also okay to backup the current EFI folder to a EFI partition of a USB flash disk (this creates an emergency boot disk) then:
  • Now reboot

Yeah I was going to do a full CCC backup of the machine's disk. I thought it was already making a backup as I of course get the error using hackDrom that there is not enough space on the EFI partition to do the upgrade. B/C of course I have to have every problem imaginable :)

After that I need to decide about updating Monterey or going all in on Ventura.

@CaseySJ which BIOS version do you recommend with 13th gen? F22 or F23?
Because I haven't upgraded to 13th Gen, I would have to defer this question to others. It would be good to check the last few pages of this thread because there's been a fair amount of discussion about BIOS versions.

• Now reboot

This worked for me thank you, I had a few minor issues but managed to get the machine to see the mac updates and update to the latest of Monterey.

Now I am really tempted to try an update to Ventura!

Thanks again!
Mike

Back