Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Attached is a generic OpenCore 0.9.0 EFI folder for Gigabyte Z690 Aero G. This version was created by downloading the 0.8.3 version from this thread and making in-place updates. It hasn't been tested.

Please refer to Post 1 for instructions on how to customize it for your system.

Reconstructed the EFI folder and copied it over to the disk, attempted cold boot after 10s I/O off to reset NVRAM. Getting no video output on boot, the boot picker doesn't show up. Something obvious I'm doing wrong or do I need to enable logging? Sanitized config.plist attached. I copied my same Serial and System UUID from the running machine before rebooting, couldn't find where the MLB serial was so I generated a new one.

Attachments

• config.plist
    34.7 KB · Views: 23
Reconstructed the EFI folder and copied it over to the disk, attempted cold boot after 10s I/O off to reset NVRAM. Getting no video output on boot, the boot picker doesn't show up. Something obvious I'm doing wrong or do I need to enable logging? Sanitized config.plist attached. I copied my same Serial and System UUID from the running machine before rebooting, couldn't find where the MLB serial was so I generated a new one.
Got an error to show up after the 4th boot up or so

Attachments

• error.jpeg
    error.jpeg
    382.2 KB · Views: 30
Got an error to show up after the 4th boot up or so
That means you have CRScreenshot in your drivers in your config.plist but not in the driver files in your EFI.

That means you have CRScreenshot in your drivers in your config.plist but not in the driver files in your EFI.
Odd, I wonder why, and now I'm wondering what else is missing. Just grabbed the downloadable OC folder, configured via the guide and added wifi / bt kexts, and let it rip

Looks like I'm missing a number of drivers. Concerning, or they're not needed?

~ ᐅ ls -1 /Volumes/NVME/CaseySJ/Z690-OC090/EFI/OC/Drivers
HfsPlus.efi
NvmExpressDxe.efi
OpenCanopy.efi
OpenPartitionDxe.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

In my config.plist: (screenshot attached)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.04.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.04.11 PM.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 16

HfsPlus.efi
NvmExpressDxe.efi
OpenCanopy.efi
OpenPartitionDxe.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

Just make sure that what you have in the config.plist is the same as what you have in the drivers folder in your EFI

HfsPlus.efi
NvmExpressDxe.efi
OpenCanopy.efi
OpenPartitionDxe.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 6.21.13 PM.png

Back