Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I had so much trouble with the LAN controller with crashing, poor speed that I installed a Realtek PCIe NIC which works perfectly. Since I did that, I have never had the crashing and sleep issues. The audio is disabled because I use a Focusrite Scarlett 414i as the audio interface for my sound work.
I have definitely seen the poor speed issue. I'll do a test and it will be 100 MB/s, then 900, then back to 500. I'm tempted to return this board and get the one with the RealTek 2.5GB lan adapter.

** OpenCore Configurator Users **

Please see this post before updating to OpenCore 0.8.7:

Hi @CaseySJ I just saw the recent update on the top post. If I am not planning on using a Thunderbolt card can I still use this build with a 13th gen processor? I read the last few pages of this thread and people seem to be having issues with sleep? But I am not sure if it's all related to the F20/21 BIOS regardless if a TB card is installed or not?

In short. Would I be okay with using F20/21 BIOS to get 13th gen support if I'm not using a TB card? Are there other reasons to avoid this BIOS revision?

Hi @CaseySJ I just saw the recent update on the top post. If I am not planning on using a Thunderbolt card can I still use this build with a 13th gen processor? I read the last few pages of this thread and people seem to be having issues with sleep? But I am not sure if it's all related to the F20/21 BIOS regardless if a TB card is installed or not?

In short. Would I be okay with using F20/21 BIOS to get 13th gen support if I'm not using a TB card? Are there other reasons to avoid this BIOS revision?
Yes I believe it’s okay to entry the latest firmware and to be on the lookout for any problems. I’m not sure whether this is a Capsule BIOS that cannot be downgraded, but the release notes will mention this. If it’s a capsule BIOS, it may be difficult to downgrade.

Update:
I don’t see any mention of this being a capsule BIOS so you should be able to downgrade should the need arise.

OpenCore Configurator 2.65.0.0 is now available. Please set it to "0.8.7 Release Configuration".

Since I don't know when the back ordered Z790 AeroG will come in, I decided to drop the Intel 13700KF into my Z690 Aero with the F21 BIOS. Guess what, I lost TB in BIOS. With the Z690 Aero and F21 TB was fine. Will F8 work witn the i7 13700KF?

Since I don't know when the back ordered Z790 AeroG will come in, I decided to drop the Intel 13700KF into my Z690 Aero with the F21 BIOS. Guess what, I lost TB in BIOS. With the Z690 Aero and F21 TB was fine. Will F8 work witn the i7 13700KF?
I have the Z790 Aero G. With the latest bios, F4G, it also does not recognize my TR AIC. I downgraded back to F3 bios. Sleep is also broken, so if they do fix it w/ a bios update, I'll need to choose between sleep and TB.

Update:
I don’t see any mention of this being a capsule BIOS so you should be able to downgrade should the need arise.
Those who reported issues, such as @nottooshabby, also reported solving them by downgrading.

If anyone with a Gigabyte Z690 board on F7/F8 BIOS intends to upgrade to F20/21, it would be useful to drop ACPI tables before and after and post both sets here so we can have a look at what changed.

BIOS F8 works Titan Ridge and Maple Ridge.
BIOS F21 works only Maple Ridge.

I just learnt the hard way that F21 does not work on the Z690 Aero G and Aero D. Could not log into MacOS including. Had to downgrade to F8 again to get back in
I'm on F21 and can boot macOS Ventura just fine.

Back