Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi, I am considering 13700K or 13600K, the question is which chipset to go, Z690 or Z790? Is Z790 BIOS is still problematic?
I haven't seen a report of Z790 being "problematic". Obviously there are few published builds but if you feel confident doing the fine work (USB mapping, sleep/stability), there's no reason to hold back.
Except to consider a real Mac instead…

(If going Z690, check you have the latest BIOS or that the motherboard allows flashing BIOS without a supported CPU.)

Just an FY: F20 broke sleep for me. System will sleep, but if I let it sleep for more than a few minutes it, won’t wake and the fans are running slowly. I couldn‘t figure out any new BIOS settings that would make it work. Reverted back to version F6, and sleep is working again.
Gigabyte have removed F20 from downloads.

Support.png

Last edited:
Now it's Checksum 6D31? :shifty:

It extracts to mb_bios_z690-aero-g-ddr4_f20_n.
Gigabyte did release the F20 BIOS, but on the Z690 UD DDR4 motherboard. The Titan Ridge 2.0 cannot read this expansion card without inserting a device. I have to go back to the F7 BIOS.

After updating my OC to 0.8.6 on my Z690 with i7-12700 I upgraded to Ventura, everything went fine. My build is using the original specs from this thread.
After updating to Ventura, the only issue I cannot find an answer to is sleep. It doesn't sleep, it just shuts down (worked fine before update). I checked the sleep log and it looks like audio is causing it to not shut down (log attached).

Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Attachments

• sleeplog.txt
    63.9 KB · Views: 31
After updating my OC to 0.8.6 on my Z690 with i7-12700 I upgraded to Ventura, everything went fine. My build is using the original specs from this thread.
After updating to Ventura, the only issue I cannot find an answer to is sleep. It doesn't sleep, it just shuts down (worked fine before update). I checked the sleep log and it looks like audio is causing it to not shut down (log attached).

Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?
This may be a long shot, but what are the makes and models of all SATA SSDs and HDDs in the system? Are you using only the built-in SATA ports?

Back