Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

First real world test! Yes, please use V2. But also have a look at the Resizable GPU BAR section.
Ah, I think you might have confused between UEFI\Quirks\ResizeGpuBars vs Booter\Quirks\ResizeAppleGpuBars (your note spelt the quirks the same way) . There's no need to use ResizeGpuBars since we let BIOS and Windows (or other OS) manage bar size so better to leave it disabled -1. We just want to make sure we utilize ResizeAppleGpuBars by setting it to 0 to not break macOS while resizable bar is active.

Ah, I think you might have confused between UEFI\Quirks\ResizeGpuBars vs Booter\Quirks\ResizeAppleGpuBars (your note spelt the quirks the same way) . There's no need to use ResizeGpuBars since we let BIOS and Windows (or other OS) manage bar size so better to leave it disabled -1. We just want to make sure we utilize ResizeAppleGpuBars by setting it to 0 to not break macOS while resizable bar is active.
Thanks -- corrections made.

I just replaced the built in ax201 wifi module with Fenvi BCM94360N and it’s working great ! Love that I don’t have to open the motherboard shroud in this motherboard to replace the m.2 Wi-Fi since it’s in an easy accessible location.

I just replaced the built in ax201 wifi module with Fenvi BCM94360N and it’s working great ! Love that I don’t have to open the motherboard shroud in this motherboard to replace the m.2 Wi-Fi since it’s in an easy accessible location.
Awesome! Thankfully we're not limited to just Intel CNVi. Will remove the "VERIFICATION NEEDED" message from Post 1.

Awesome!
I will get a MSi Z690 A PRO on some i9 12900K next week!
I'll try to post my results!

Thanks a lot!

First real world test! Yes, please use V2. But also have a look at the Resizable GPU BAR section.
@CaseySJ, remember this? :D....

Glancing at Alder Lake benchmarks and real-world performance metrics shows that it provides an extremely high level of performance per dollar. There is nothing in Apple's current product portfolio that competes in this category.

This inspired me to build hackintosh again. Thanks @CaseySJ

Oh yes! :)

How is round 2 going?
I must admit, not as successful as I hoped.
I followed the guide as carefully as possible, and I managed to get to the OC picker.
However, the progress bar is stagnant at 50%. I abandoned any further attempts after one hour.

Gigabyte Z690 Areo G.
Radeon RX6800 XT
64G DDR4/3600
1TB SSD (for experimentation)
Fenvi (FV-T919)
Wired mouse and keyboard

What I have done:

downloaded and installed OS onto USB drive.
used supplied EFI-076...V2.
entered relevant ID information within config.plist.
made resizable GPU bar change from -1 to 0 (config.list / booter)
I tried disabling resizable GPU bar within the BIOS settings.

Simply, I am stuck. Literally.

Kindly advise.

Tony

WOW!! As of this date/time, your MSI RX 6800 XT is listed on Amazon for $2050.00 USD!! Holy cow!

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 8.17.46 AM.png

Back