Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi Casey, I’m thinking about building this using your instructions here.

But I would use my old rx580 and an i7 12700k instead. Will the build instructions be valid more or less?

Also, I never had problems with my Samsung m.2 - can I still use it? You mentioned something about trim.
And I also want to use my vengeance LPX - is that ok?

Clearly I’m trying to save money. :)

Thanks for your help mate

Hi Casey, I’m thinking about building this using your instructions here.

But I would use my old rx580 and an i7 12700k instead. Will the build instructions be valid more or less?

Also, I never had problems with my Samsung m.2 - can I still use it? You mentioned something about trim.
And I also want to use my vengeance LPX - is that ok?

Clearly I’m trying to save money. :)

Thanks for your help mate
Hi @gundogg9999

Yes those components will all continue to work with the EFI provided for this build. The Samsung SSD may exhibit long boot times, but with latest OpenCore we can disable trim on it if and when necessary.

Does anyone know how the continuity camera connects to the hack in Ventura? My SMBIOS is MacPro 7.1, Have a Fenvi T919 installed. I have AirDrop working, iPhone 13 Pro Max is on IOS 16, as well.
I have real issue with this and has been troubleshooting for an hour. My conclusion is:
- It only show the camera selection when you have another camera in your system, e.g. a webcam, or a connected mirrorless camera.
- When no camera is available, Facetime doesn't even offer to use iPhone as camera, which defeat the whole purpose of the feature in my opinion
- However, when using a cable to connect the iPhone, it show up in Facetime :) And if you Quit facetime and open it again, the connected iPhone will turn into camera mode automatically.

I hope Apple fix this in the future beta, otherwise it is really annoying for MacPro users like us :(

@CaseySJ,

Have you updated OC to 0.8.5 yet? Anything to look out for? I'm going to do so in a bit with OCat.

@CaseySJ,

Have you updated OC to 0.8.5 yet? Anything to look out for? I'm going to do so in a bit with OCat.

Sorry I'm not CaseySJ, but I did update my AM4G5 to 0.8.5 using HackinDROM without any issues.

I have real issue with this and has been troubleshooting for an hour. My conclusion is:
- It only show the camera selection when you have another camera in your system, e.g. a webcam, or a connected mirrorless camera.
- When no camera is available, Facetime doesn't even offer to use iPhone as camera, which defeat the whole purpose of the feature in my opinion
- However, when using a cable to connect the iPhone, it show up in Facetime :) And if you Quit facetime and open it again, the connected iPhone will turn into camera mode automatically.

I hope Apple fix this in the future beta, otherwise it is really annoying for MacPro users like us :(
Thanks for that feedback, at least it is not only me that have this issue.

Hi everyone, I'm currently on OC 0.8.5 and Ventura beta 9 (22A5358e) and everything is going fine (Z690 Aero G, DDR5, F6 / i7-12700K / RX 6600 XT). I installed a fenvi BCM94360NG card, which causes the following problem in sleep mode (since Monterey): after a few minutes, the computer turns on briefly and then turns off again shortly afterwards. Tried instructions at https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/misc/instant-wake.html but I can't fix the problem. If I remove the card, the standby works normally. Something on the network seems to activate the card periodically.

pmset -g log | grep -e "Sleep.*due to" -e "Wake.*due to" gives:
DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to RP08/Network Using AC

Does somebody has any idea? Thank you and best regards

Are there any instructions on how to use USBmap or other method to change one of the 15 ports to 14 for enabling Bluetooth?

After an indeterminate amount of time my Logitech MX Mac keyboard and mouse become unresponsive intermittently. If I don't initiate a reboot the system will eventually reboot on its own.
Any Ideas? I am using the LOGI unified receiver because of no Bluetooth.

Has anyone tried this motherboard with the Intel 13th gen CPUs ?

Back