Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I did a clean install and everything seems to be good, except sleep.

The first time I tried putting it to sleep, I hit the apple and clicked sleep. It went to sleep and would not wake up, period. Power button, keyboard, mouse, NOTHING would wake it up. What was really weird was not even the reset button would work, I had to turn the power supply off and back on. It booted and I got the "you restarted ...."

There was one file in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports - Sleep Wake Failure_2022-06-22-123159_slicks-iMac.diag

I moved that file to the desktop, rebooted, it came up without any errors.

Second try, I had it running, hit the apple and clicked sleep. It seemed to go to sleep for about two seconds, then came back on. Nothing in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Attached is what was in the .diag file

Any suggestions/ideas ?
Try my OC setup. You'll need to add your own serial. I finally got sleep working after alot of troubleshooting.

Some comments:
  • Is Wake for Network Access unchecked in System Preferences --> Energy Saver? (We should uncheck it.)
  • Are you using the EFI folder from this thread? If so, have any changes been made to USB port map?
  • Have you looked at the sleep log file (it is a bit cryptic)? After attempting sleep, feel free to post sleeplog.txt after running this:
Bash:
pmset -g log | tail -750 > ~/Documents/sleeplog.txt
It appears to be USB mapping related. I had mapped out the ports I wanted to use, and that works fine with everything except sleep.

Since I'm using HS14 (Broadcom BT) , using your EFI with HS14 and have XHCIportlimit checked, sleep works.

Try my OC setup. You'll need to add your own serial. I finally got sleep working after alot of troubleshooting.

Thanks @beelzebozo - I plugged in yours and indeed it sleeps just fine. I'm reasonably sure its something with my usbmap.

Does anyone know how to get the Magic Keyboard and mouse to load/work when in BIOS or the OC boot picker? I have to have another keyboard available just for that, but, once Mac loads or Windows 11, it works fine again.

Also, for some reason without me doing an NVRAM reset after going into windows 11, I cannot get back into Win 11 again. I see it in OC boot picker. However it loads to a black screen unless I do NVRAM ,then select it from using the F12 key. Without NVRAM, if I use F12, only my OC M.2 shows and no Windows boot manager shows.

Does anyone know how to get the Magic Keyboard and mouse to load/work when in BIOS or the OC boot picker? I have to have another keyboard available just for that, but, once Mac loads or Windows 11, it works fine again.
The Magic mouse you have to wiggle to "wake it up" in the BIOS and OC Boot Picker. The keyboard also needs to have the Shift key hit a bunch of times, then it works.

Sorry, I don't have Windows.

This was a bit of a surprise - the Western Digital SN850 performance numbers, Windows 10 vs. Monterey 12.4, same computer, both with fresh OS loads. Doesn't appear to be a Crystaldiskmark for Mac or Blackmagic for Windows to get an exact comparison.

Attachments

• CrystalDiskMark_20220626111745.jpg
    CrystalDiskMark_20220626111745.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 57
  • macpro71_oc078_sn850.png
    macpro71_oc078_sn850.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 56
Doesn't appear to be a Crystaldiskmark for Mac
Try the AmorphousDiskMark app and compare to CDM.

I've had a recent weird issue with my computer not waking the monitors from sleep. If the monitor sleeps for say 8 or more hours, it does not wake. I need to reboot. I made a change in the kernel section of opencore bases on one of CaseySJ's recent screenshots. I saw ThirdPartyDrives and DisabeRtcChecksum enabled and thought I missed that in my setup. So I checked the boxes.

The problem has came about since enabling those. I only have NVME drives, and it seems like ThirdPartyDrives is for SSD's.

Do I need either of those enabled? And would either of these cause my issue?

I've had a recent weird issue with my computer not waking the monitors from sleep. If the monitor sleeps for say 8 or more hours, it does not wake. I need to reboot. I made a change in the kernel section of opencore bases on one of CaseySJ's recent screenshots. I saw ThirdPartyDrives and DisabeRtcChecksum enabled and thought I missed that in my setup. So I checked the boxes.

The problem has came about since enabling those. I only have NVME drives, and it seems like ThirdPartyDrives is for SSD's.

Do I need either of those enabled? And would either of these cause my issue?
Both of those checkboxes are optional. Disabling RTC Checksum speeds up the BIOS boot process, but it is still optional.

Both of those checkboxes are optional. Disabling RTC Checksum speeds up the BIOS boot process, but it is still optional.
Thanks Casey. I'll go back and see if the issue goes away.

Back