AMD
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H mobo, core i7 2600k CPU

keyboard and mouse connected to apple cinema display, which has 2 usb inputs and it connects to computer.

I use keyboard to wake computer, it works for first click, then i must click again on trackpad (bluetooth). when wake up, no keyboard no mouse. tried switching the to tarsus usb hub, still no go. connect to from usb, works ok.

If I do reset, they will work on USB HUB. any fix?

What happens if you plug the keyboard directly into the Hack and plug the mouse into the keyboard? (I'm assuming an Apple keyboard, here.) Don't try to go through the monitor for now.

eranno said:
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H mobo, core i7 2600k CPU

keyboard and mouse connected to apple cinema display, which has 2 usb inputs and it connects to computer.

I use keyboard to wake computer, it works for first click, then i must click again on trackpad (bluetooth). when wake up, no keyboard no mouse. tried switching the to tarsus usb hub, still no go. connect to from usb, works ok.

If I do reset, they will work on USB HUB. any fix?

Search the forum for topics regarding darkwake=0.

I have the exact same setup, albeit an 6870 instead of the 6970 you have.
Darkwake will not solve your problems, it will only bring you instantly back to your log in screen but you won't be able to use your mouse or keyboard untill you replug an usb device.

How did I solve it and what was it?
I already used an original apple bluetooth module so that couldn't be the problem.
Had exactly the same setup until today:
Instead of the aluminum wired keyboard got me a wireless instead and everything works like a charm.
After some research I found out more people have problem with the wired apple keyboard.

For me it works now; 1 click on the wireless keyboard, trackpad or magic mouse and after 5 seconds I get the login screen.
Not instantly like with dark wake but it fully works!
Maybe it's related to the USB3 chipset which can't be gotten to work, no clue, but now you know what setup does work and might allow you to exclude some hardware.
Would really like to hear from you since those 5 seconds is the only difference from a real mac.

Badeendje said:
Darkwake will not solve your problems, it will only bring you instantly back to your log in screen but you won't be able to use your mouse or keyboard untill you replug an usb device.

I already used an original apple bluetooth module so that couldn't be the problem.
Instead of the aluminum wired keyboard got me a wireless instead and everything works like a charm.
After some research I found out more people have problem with the wired apple keyboard.

For me it works now; 1 click on the wireless keyboard, trackpad or magic mouse and after 5 seconds I get the login screen.
Maybe it's related to the USB3 chipset which can't be gotten to work, no clue, but now you know what setup does work and might allow you to exclude some hardware.
Would really like to hear from you since those 5 seconds is the only difference from a real mac.

USB 3.0 is not fully functional yet for this board.

Badeendje said:

Great fix with the BT keyboard.
The issue with my Z68X-UD3 is very similar but the USB webcam also locks up after wakeup from sleep. Need to replug the webcam to get it back working.

I may have spoken to soon, only tested with having the hack sleep for 1 minute.
When I let it sleep overnight it still won't wake up properly, as in I need the power button to push a 2nd time (1st time works with both trackpad and wireless keyboard).
What I gained is bluetooth works at the login screen without replugging some usb hardware.

Really so close yet so far from a complete working hack :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back