CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated from a working copy of 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 using the Combo Update. Everything seems to work except for sound now. I have MultiBeast Lion Edition but which file(s) do I need use in install to get sound working again? And do I need to reboot after installing it in MultiBeast?

Thanks,

Re: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 10.7.3 update - no sound

You have to use AppleHDA rollback to get back audio.

jester969 said:
You have to use AppleHDA rollback to get back audio.

It's working again!

No problem mon ami!

I did a clean install of Mac OS X Lion on my rev 1.3 (bios 10) Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard. Used combo update from apple to push it to 10.7.3. I haven't had sound at any point. The motherboard is good because I previously was running Ubuntu before wiping the drive and installing Lion and sound worked in that.

I've downloaded the DSDT file from the tonymac DSDT database, renamed it "DSDT.aml" on my desktop, and used multibeast 4.2.1 to apply it supposedly. Still no sound. I have graphics working (Nvidia Hawk 460 1gb video card) and networking. Sound is the last issue to sort.

I tried the "AppleHDA rollback" as recommended above. No luck.

Any suggestions appreciated.

di11rod

di11rod said:
I did a clean install of Mac OS X Lion on my rev 1.3 (bios 10) Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard. Used combo update from apple to push it to 10.7.3. I haven't had sound at any point. The motherboard is good because I previously was running Ubuntu before wiping the drive and installing Lion and sound worked in that.

I've downloaded the DSDT file from the tonymac DSDT database, renamed it "DSDT.aml" on my desktop, and used multibeast 4.2.1 to apply it supposedly. Still no sound. I have graphics working (Nvidia Hawk 460 1gb video card) and networking. Sound is the last issue to sort.

I tried the "AppleHDA rollback" as recommended above. No luck.

Any suggestions appreciated.

di11rod

Uh, you should of gotten sound using these options

Attachments

• Audio.png
    Audio.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 866

Jester,

Thank you for the guidance.

I selected the items in multibeast as shown in your illustration. Installed, then rebooted. I still have no audio devices available.
No_audio.png
What do I need to do to get my audio to a clean starting point to then apply what you've recommended? I suspect my environment is contaminated through repeated attempts.

Appreciatively,

di11rod

Attachments

• No_audio.png
    No_audio.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 788

Delete the previous audio kexts you installed only and use the same options above provided.

If it still did not work try idd's audio guide.

Jester,

Thanks for your suggestions. I deleted the following files:

ALC8xxHDA.kext
HDAEnabler888b.kext
HDAEnabler889a.kext
HDAEnabler888.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext
HDAEnabler892.kext

And then ran multibeast with the selection you illustrated above. Rebooted. Hurray! Audio is now working. All other stuff seems to be working on this mobo as well. Firewire, USB, and the nVidia Hawk 460 GTX 1gb video card. I'd definitely endorse this board for a hackintosh build.

thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!

di11rod

No problem and back up you install. :thumbup:

Enjoy!

Place [SOLVED] in title post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back