Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, finally got sleep to work by patching my DSDT:
I have USB3 disabled in BIOS, but added an FL1100 controller. Sleep was not working with or without this controller.

Renaming EHCx->EH0x in DSDT to get the USB config right (?), following RehabMan's guide.
That was enough for me to get sleep working again - with or without my Bluetooth dongle.
No instant wake any more.

Ouch - just realized that it has worked once... Now - after trying USBInjectAll.kext, it's not sleeping any more - even with the kext removed.
Will continue...

Cheers!
Rudolf

Hi Rudolf! could you kindly post your DSDT.. I am interested as i am going to make one as well.. unfortunately there is no patches for this mainboard.. ?? if you can post the DSDT and post which patches you have used that would be greate

cheers

J.R.

Hi Rudolf! could you kindly post your DSDT.. I am interested as i am going to make one as well.. unfortunately there is no patches for this mainboard.. ?? if you can post the DSDT and post which patches you have used that would be greate

cheers

J.R.

Hi J.R.,
I am not sure I am doing things right, and I am also busy with other things (buying stuff for another build ;o), so I am stuck at this point, but will possibly try more at some point.
I am trying to attach my DSDT with subfolder with patched files. I extracted it by pressing F4 in Clover while booting.
Cheers,
Rudolf

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    96.6 KB · Views: 110
What are you trying to patch in a DSDT?

What are you trying to patch in a DSDT?

It seems that in El Capitan USB has changed a lot, and that this can cause sleep issues.
In my case, I am experiencing instant wake.
It seems to be connected to my BlueTooth dongle - when removed, my build sleeps fine.
However, I do need bluetooth for my keyboard and touch pad.
That's why I tried recommendation from this thread - instant wake / sleep issues can be caused by USB config.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

So far, I got to renaming - but that only enabled sleep once...
We'll see.
Cheers,
Rudolf

Version 10.11.4

Simply update via Appstore I did not need to install anything

Simply update via appstore and if missing any drivers just install them again i.e Audio / Trim

Re-Enable trim - If you need too
Code:
sudo trimforce enable

Version 10.11.5

Simply update via appstore and if missing any drivers just install them again i.e Audio / Trim

Code:
sudo trimforce enable

Code:
sudo trimforce enable

Thanks for the update Elite2k!

It seems that in El Capitan USB has changed a lot, and that this can cause sleep issues.
In my case, I am experiencing instant wake.
It seems to be connected to my BlueTooth dongle - when removed, my build sleeps fine.
However, I do need bluetooth for my keyboard and touch pad.
That's why I tried recommendation from this thread - instant wake / sleep issues can be caused by USB config.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

So far, I got to renaming - but that only enabled sleep once...
We'll see.
Cheers,
Rudolf

Sounds like a USB problem to me. USB has changed in 10.11. Also changed a lot in 10.12 somethings are broken in 10.12 and needs to re-patched have to wait till 10.12 GM comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back