Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z68a-d3-b3
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
GTX 650
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Everything in El Capitan Works Except onboard Usb 3.0... you can buy a compatible PCI usb 3.0 ... [ Version 10.11.6]

Computer Specs
Gigabyte bios I am using 1c currently Works for both rev 1.0 + 1.3 of the board has SLIC 2.1.
Simplest way to upgrade bios without usb put it in your hdd root dir or on EFI parititon where clover is boot pc hold end button and update using built in utility. NOTE: bios is attached in the post below

-Intel core i3 / i5/ i7/
-GT 640 / 740/ 650 / 760
-16gb Ram
-3TB HD Segate
-256gb SSD
-Apple wifi card

Bios Options
-Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 v1.3 Bios U1c
-Enable AHCI
-Disable Intel Virtualization Technology (I enabled it as i run vmware fusion for virtual machines)
-Disable VT-D

Installing update Guides

[Version 10.11.1] http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/180823-gigabyte-z68ma-d2h-b3-evga-gtx650.html#post1164903
[Version 10.11.2] Dec-09-2015 http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/180823-gigabyte-z68ma-d2h-b3-evga-gtx650.html#post1164908
[Version 10.11.3] Jan-19-2016 http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...e-z68ma-d2h-b3-evga-gtx650-3.html#post1188391
[Version 10.11.4] March-22-2016 http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...e-z68ma-d2h-b3-evga-gtx650-4.html#post1223539
[Version 10.11.5] May-17-2016 http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z68ma-d2h-b3-evga-gtx650.180823/page-4#post-1254285
[Version 10.11.6] July-18-2016
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z68ma-d2h-b3-evga-gtx650.180823/page-4#post-1290980

Last edited:
Version 10.11.1
Ok, guys, I will make this very simple the easiest way to get to El Capitan is to either upgrade or create a USB and start from scratch. I have done both. However, I prefer upgrading as it saved me a lot of time and I did not have to backup my data, etc.

prerequsites
First of all, You will need to have clover installed there are two ways to install it. Use the new unibeast and install clover that way. Or manually get the latest version and install it.

How to install clover bootloader
First download the latest version of clover: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

First, reformat the EFI partition on your hard drive. This won’t erase any data that you have on your computer. To do this:
Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
Type: diskutil list to list your partitions. Find the EFI partition, which is on your boot drive. For me, this was disk0s1.
Type the following, making sure to replace disk0s1 with your EFI identifier found in step 2, enter password, and hit return:

Code:
 sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

once this is done you can exit terminal and install clover via the downloaded file
open it and choose the options i have selected.. also the theme part u can pick which ever u wish :)
once you have installed clover you are not done yet :p there are some files that need to be placed in some folders
Navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ and replace the config.plist file with the one attached to this post. This is a custom built configuration file for this build.

Next Copy the following 3 kexts from /System/Library/Extensions/ FakeSMC.kext,AppleHDA.kext,RealtekRTL8111.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/
I have attached these in the attachments below :p or you can use ur own from your computer
once you have done all of this your finally done :D reboot you can go to the bios and you may set priority drive to boot via UEFI if you want

[Smbios /Imessages /Facetime]

I recommend downloading Clover Configurator to do all the following changes.
Step 1) Open my config.plist file in Clover Configurator.
Step 2) Under SMBIOS click the magic wand to change system definitions.
Step 3) Click magic wand. Click the logo of the definition you want. Select which ever definition is closest to your specs. I have chosen iMac (13,2) system definition as random and "shake" the two values under serial generator. Click okay. Copy serial number to this https://getsupport.apple.com/ProductSelector.action and make sure it isn't in use. It should identify as an iMac and give two options for support but that's it. Generate another serial if it's in use. Save and restart.
Step 4) Download this from my attachments iMessageDebugv2.zip to find out your ROM (en0) and MLB (Board Serial Number) values.
Step 5) Copy and paste your generated board serial number into the "Board Serial Number" in the SMBIOS and under the MLB box in the Rt Variables section. Copy and paste ROM value into ROM box under Rt Variables Section.
Step 6) Open the terminal and generate a new UUID using the uuidgen command. Copy and paste this in the SmUUID box in the SMBIOS section. Replace the last 12 digits with your ROM value. Also make sure "Inject System ID" is checked in the System parameters section. Save and reboot.
Step 7) You should be good to go! Try logging into iMessage and it should work flawlessly. If it doesn't, go back and double check to make sure your numbers were copied correctly.
NOTE:
Also, as others have pointed out. Ethernet MUST be en0 and wifi must be en1. Under About This Mac>System Report...>Ethernet Cards>BSD name: en0. Wifi interface must be en1. If they aren't then remove all networking interfaces in network preferences, apply settings, and delete Library>Preferences>System Configuration>NetworkInterfaces.plist. Empty trash and reboot. , please follow these steps to a t and they should work.

Install Guides

Install Guide Via Update method
In clover you will specifically the kexts folder you will need the main kexts which are listed / stored here
/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ here is a link where the most updated versions are stored on Tonymacx86 http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=11

The main kexts are marked in red
/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/AppleHDA.kext
/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/FakeSMC.kext
/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/RealtekRTL8111.Kext
I will post the kexts below in the attachment- P.S. I have other files as well but they are for an app called HWmonitor

Secondly

You need to use an app called clover configurator (This app makes life Ez changing clover settings) PS you can do this in textedit or this app it does the same thing.

Open /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with clover configurator or TextEdit and add the following BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig keys to RtVariables section. This will partially disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) when booting OS X El Capitan.

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
    </dict>

Next Step
Simply download OSX via appstore. once its downloaded you will see the following install screen simple follow the instructions. install to the drive of your choice and you should have a working El Capitan install.

Hdmi Audio- Works in El capitan
Download hdmi zip file below

Attachments

• 10.11.zip
    5 MB · Views: 297
  • drivers64UEFI.zip
    56.1 KB · Views: 239
  • config.plist.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 341
  • iMessageDebugv2.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 220
  • HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 230
  • ga-z68ma-d2h-b3_u1b.rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 218
  • ga-z68ma-d2h-b3_u1c.rar
    2.7 MB · Views: 219
Version 10.11.2

Simply update via appstore and re install audio drivers via [cloverALC110] and all works again

Re-Enable trim - If you need too
Code:
sudo trimforce enable

Attachments

• audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip
    8 KB · Views: 186
Do you have any issues with sleep? I try putting it to sleep and it shuts down only to immediately wake back up again. This happens over and over when the sleep time is met.

This happened on El Cap and I tried going back to Yosemite briefly and it happens there as well

GTX 970
your U1C bios
iMac12,2 definition

HTML:
12/15/15 6:28:41.000 AM kernel[0]: Wake reason: GLAN XHC EHC1

EDIT: Did some digging around and found out the reason. I have a fan controller attached to an internal USB header that would wake the system back up. Unplugged it and it doesn't immediately wake. I have it plugged in for monitoring on my Windows partition. Sadly it doesn't work on mac

Glad you solved your issue!!! :D
I had a similar issue on an i3325 where it would wake up on its own or not go to sleep at all. but i did not have any special fan / sensors connected i used the following to fix my issue.
Code:
 sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
Now sleep and wake work, it will just never go into the deeper sleep standby mode. But did the trick for me.

Do you have any issues with sleep? I try putting it to sleep and it shuts down only to immediately wake back up again. This happens over and over when the sleep time is met.

This happened on El Cap and I tried going back to Yosemite briefly and it happens there as well

GTX 970
your U1C bios
iMac12,2 definition

HTML:
12/15/15 6:28:41.000 AM kernel[0]: Wake reason: GLAN XHC EHC1

EDIT: Did some digging around and found out the reason. I have a fan controller attached to an internal USB header that would wake the system back up. Unplugged it and it doesn't immediately wake. I have it plugged in for monitoring on my Windows partition. Sadly it doesn't work on mac

Glad you solved your issue!!! :D
I had a similar issue on an i3325 where it would wake up on its own or not go to sleep at all. but i did not have any special fan / sensors connected i used the following to fix my issue.
Code:
 sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
Now sleep and wake work, it will just never go into the deeper sleep standby mode. But did the trick for me.

I'll keep that in mind in case mine starts being funky.

You have some sensors that weren't present in Yosemite:

LPCsensors
CPUsensors
GPUsensors
ACPIsensors

Is the addition of the above due to SIP and FakeSMC plugins?

Also, with USB3, when I have a USB3.0 HDD plugged in when the system is running nothing comes up. After restarting with it still plugged in it works. USB3 doesn't seem to like hot swapping. Are you experiencing the same behavior?

Yes, these are required to get an app called HWmonitor working properly they were not needed in yosemite. In El capitain to get this app working they are needed. Here is a screen shot of what the app shows.
I am mainly interested in temperatures and power consumption and cpu frequencies

As for the usb 3.0 I am not even using any usb 3 ports. lol.. I only use the front two ports on my tower I have everything stored to a NAS.. however with that said. I will test it but I dont think others are having that issue as I have seen people using 3rd party usb 3 pci hubs etc.. but one thing you should know if you have the wrong SMBIOS your usbs can malfunction / not work period!!! perhaps you may want to see that as well.

Purely for HWMonitor, got it!

Your GPU also shows a strange RPM for the fan. Guess I feel better that it's not just mine. Unless that's not your screenshot.

Mine also shows 19rpm for my 970. odd...

All the sceenshots I post here are mine lol!!.. and yes thats my screenshot.. and they are having a little glitch atm with some of the hwmonitor sensors.. it will be fixed in the next update :D mine shows 19 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back