Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi jbamford,

Does it mean that I have no escape from this? :(

I've tried disabling USB3 as well... but still.

The 'funny' part is that Elite2k has the same mainboard and he's not complaining about any sleep issues.
So I'm kinda pushed to think that it has to be something else... or some config that I might have missed...

For example, using iMac13,2 USB does not work at all. I had to put iMac12,2 to have them functional...

Hi.. I really dont have any sleep issues, Also I did disable usb 3.0 in the bios.. the usb 3.0 on this minboard is not supported anyway You can buy the supported pci which works out of the box. However I can tell u this much using a incorrect smbios will result in all kinds of wierd usb issues..ie only 1 port in the front working... and only certain ones in the back etc.. I have experienced that issue. I resolved it using the proper smbios. Lastly, if your still having a ton of issues, reflash the 1c bios change default settings to the required ones and try again.

Note: iMac 12,2 is the right smbios for your CPU i7 2600k make sure u use that or else u will continue to have USB / speedstep etc issues..

These are the real imac models that used your cpu which is sandybridge (use only this unless u change to ivy bridge etc)

http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...inch-aluminum-mid-2011-thunderbolt-specs.html

Apple iMac "Core i7" 3.4 27-Inch (Mid-2011) Specs

Identifiers: Mid-2011 - BTO/CTO - iMac12,2 - A1312 - 2429

To quote "Rehabman" just remember you choose an SMBIOS that closely matches the hardware This is a key step in getting your machine to work properly :D

GL

Version 10.11.3

Simply update via Appstore I did not need to install anything

Simply update via appstore and if missing any drivers just install them again i.e Audio / Trim

Re-Enable trim - If you need too
Code:
sudo trimforce enable

Attachments

• audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip
    8 KB · Views: 104
Update worked for me as well. Very similar config.
It took quite some time after I logged in after reboot - I let it configure iCloud again.

About the sleep issues: my box kept waking up all the time - often with a boot failure and sometimes altered BIOS settings.
I recently changed wake on network administration (am using different language, so it might e somewhat different) in Energy settings, and it seems to not wake up any more - only when I tell it to.
Hope that helps,
Rudolf

Update worked for me as well. Very similar config.
It took quite some time after I logged in after reboot - I let it configure iCloud again.

About the sleep issues: my box kept waking up all the time - often with a boot failure and sometimes altered BIOS settings.
I recently changed wake on network administration (am using different language, so it might e somewhat different) in Energy settings, and it seems to not wake up any more - only when I tell it to.
Hope that helps,
Rudolf

Well mate glad you have it working.. did u try this ??

Code:
 sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

open up terminal paste and reboot.. see if this helps with ur sleep issues

Hi & thanks for your hint.
Unfortunately, it did not help - possibly on the contrary - my system is experiencing "instant wake".
I did find out that it is probably caused by the bluetooth dongle that worked earlier.
What earlier is, exactly, I am not so sure. It might have been before I installed Clover - or before I installed 10.11.x
With the dongle removed, it sleeps (I don't know exactly how long).
I do need the dongle as I am using BT keyboard and trackpad.

Will try to find a solution later...
Cheers,
Rudolf

I have similar but more severe sleep problems and I have the exact same board with the same bios. Mine won't wake - it half wakes up, the mouse lights up (i just use a magic mouse plugged into the keyboard's USB slot), and nothing else happens. I'm not using any bluetooth or third party USB 3.0 drivers. I disabled USB3.0 in BIOS and that made zero difference.

I'm going to have to check all the fans and then try that command in terminal to disable deep sleep this evening. Thanks for the tips guys.

Unfortunately, it did not help - possibly on the contrary - my system is experiencing "instant wake".
I did find out that it is probably caused by the bluetooth dongle that worked earlier.
What earlier is, exactly, I am not so sure. It might have been before I installed Clover - or before I installed 10.11.x

Will try to find a solution later...
Cheers,
Rudolf

Maybe you've already checked it, but for me this problem was related to "Wake for network access" under Energy Saver in Settings...

Thanks for the terrific guide.

I did a hackintosh about 4 years ago - went fine.

I now have a Win 7 computer I want to convert over, Z68MA-D2H-B3 with an i5 and a 970 card.

As a newb there are some things I am getting confused on - with a fresh install I should update the bios to U1C off the Gigabyte website, no?

Once this is done can I follow the standard instructions for a fresh install of El Cap? I assume that multibeast won't work and I have to install Clover to the root of the drive on 6 series boards, no? Do I follow standard instructions for a fresh install or hit up your very specific instructions re: How to Install Clover Bootloader? Not that interested in iMessage on this machine, so plan to skip [Smbios /Imessages /Facetime] instructions.

Thanks,

Ben

EDIT - can't even get past updating the BIOS -@BIOS wouldn't recognize U1c. Tried to update @BIOS in windows - failed to install. Guess I have more reading to do.

Ok, finally got sleep to work by patching my DSDT:
I have USB3 disabled in BIOS, but added an FL1100 controller. Sleep was not working with or without this controller.

Renaming EHCx->EH0x in DSDT to get the USB config right (?), following RehabMan's guide.
That was enough for me to get sleep working again - with or without my Bluetooth dongle.
No instant wake any more.

Ouch - just realized that it has worked once... Now - after trying USBInjectAll.kext, it's not sleeping any more - even with the kext removed.
Will continue...

Cheers!
Rudolf

Thanks for the terrific guide.

I did a hackintosh about 4 years ago - went fine.

I now have a Win 7 computer I want to convert over, Z68MA-D2H-B3 with an i5 and a 970 card.

As a newb there are some things I am getting confused on - with a fresh install I should update the bios to U1C off the Gigabyte website, no?

Once this is done can I follow the standard instructions for a fresh install of El Cap? I assume that multibeast won't work and I have to install Clover to the root of the drive on 6 series boards, no? Do I follow standard instructions for a fresh install or hit up your very specific instructions re: How to Install Clover Bootloader? Not that interested in iMessage on this machine, so plan to skip [Smbios /Imessages /Facetime] instructions.

Thanks,

Ben

EDIT - can't even get past updating the BIOS -@BIOS wouldn't recognize U1c. Tried to update @BIOS in windows - failed to install. Guess I have more reading to do.

Hi, Ben!

Ok Just follow these steps.. I will be writing them in the proper order you will have to go through the guide and see it yourself
Step 1 - install new bios 1c u dont need windows.. the bios has a built in update utility use that put the bios on usb and boot to the bios and update using the built in app
Step 2- Create a usb using unibeast ( You need a mac for this if you dont have one get a friends )
Step 3- if you have similar hardware try to boot and see if it boots if not see if you need boot flags to get it too boot
Step 4- once OSX is installed boot via usb you crated and once in osx download the latest clover bootloader and install that so your osx partition is bootable
Step 5-install all the drivers / kexts when you install clover

this is a quick guide to what you need to do.. for the guide you can follow mine or search through the forum and incorporate what you need

GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back