Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide!
For me it does not work with similar hardware (see footer) - same board and supported graphics (GTX650).

I have Yosemity with Clover running nicely, but when I try to install, either via UniBeast - or via the updater - both boot fine into the installer and start installing, but after a minute (19 minutes .. 18 minutes) my screen goes gray and comes back a little later with the installer log - the main error seems to be a NSRangeException of the installer.

Other people seem to have this problem as well - but it might not be connected to my board.

Ideas anyone? I am btw. trying to install 10.11.2 - not 10.11.1 - maybe that makes a difference?

Thanks,
Rudolf

Thanks for the guide!
For me it does not work with similar hardware (see footer) - same board and supported graphics (GTX650).

I have Yosemity with Clover running nicely, but when I try to install, either via UniBeast - or via the updater - both boot fine into the installer and start installing, but after a minute (19 minutes .. 18 minutes) my screen goes gray and comes back a little later with the installer log - the main error seems to be a NSRangeException of the installer.

Other people seem to have this problem as well - but it might not be connected to my board.

Ideas anyone? I am btw. trying to install 10.11.2 - not 10.11.1 - maybe that makes a difference?

Thanks,
Rudolf

Have you tried making a new El cap installer USB with clover and doing a fresh install?

Have you tried making a new El cap installer USB with clover and doing a fresh install?

Thanks...
No, did not want to fresh install...
I have tried the update route - and also UniBeast to install over my Mavericks installation.

Thanks...
No, did not want to fresh install...
I have tried the update route - and also UniBeast to install over my Mavericks installation.

I would highly recommend a fresh install using a Clover USB after backing up your files. Something might be happening in the update process. Have you updated your Bios with the attached files?

What I found worked for me was to do a fresh install and get everything working in 10.10.5 then follow the steps to get it up to El cap using the clover installer and not tonymac tools. I'd recommend going this route because you get a working system you can clone in case anything goes awry.

Hope you've had some luck

Hello guys,

Regarding these sleep issues... I have a 'strange' one.
Basically, once I wake up the pc, USB mouse becomes extremely slow. The only workaround is disconnecting and reconnecting it.
I've explained things in this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...el-capitan-10-11-2-sleep-usb.html#post1183803

Do you have any idea about what could I do to fix this? It's really annoying and I don't understand what could be different in my setup, except having a nVidia GT 520, but I don't think it could be related with the USB...

Any suggestion?

Thanks! :)

Hello guys,

Regarding these sleep issues... I have a 'strange' one.
Basically, once I wake up the pc, USB mouse becomes extremely slow. The only workaround is disconnecting and reconnecting it.
I've explained things in this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...el-capitan-10-11-2-sleep-usb.html#post1183803

Do you have any idea about what could I do to fix this? It's really annoying and I don't understand what could be different in my setup, except having a nVidia GT 520, but I don't think it could be related with the USB...

Any suggestion?

Thanks! :)

Your sleep problems are most likely caused by USB 3 which uses Etron EJ168 Chipset.

Has anyone had any luck getting the onboard USB3 ports working?

The Inateck KT4006 definitely works, but I'm hoping to get the onboard working and free up that PCIe slot.

I found this rather non-specific thread on ******, but I'm not finding any clues there to go on
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/3o8n2c/updated_to_el_cap_without_a_hitch_on_z68xud3hb3/

Has anyone had any luck getting the onboard USB3 ports working?

The Inateck KT4006 definitely works, but I'm hoping to get the onboard working and free up that PCIe slot.

I found this rather non-specific thread on ******, but I'm not finding any clues there to go on
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/3o8n2c/updated_to_el_cap_without_a_hitch_on_z68xud3hb3/

Not on my end. Mine work at boot. So I connect whatever I want USB3 and restart and it works. When it's ejected and I reinsert, it won't work.

The system is pretty quick to boot and it automatically takes me to my desktop so I don't mind a whole lot. But it can be a pain...

Your sleep problems are most likely caused by USB 3 which uses Etron EJ168 Chipset.

Hi jbamford,

Does it mean that I have no escape from this? :(

I've tried disabling USB3 as well... but still.

The 'funny' part is that Elite2k has the same mainboard and he's not complaining about any sleep issues.
So I'm kinda pushed to think that it has to be something else... or some config that I might have missed...

For example, using iMac13,2 USB does not work at all. I had to put iMac12,2 to have them functional...

Mine works is connected at boot, but only for a short time - after about a gig the device drops off and reconnects, ruining any transfer in progress, and won't work right at all until a reboot.
Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back