Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650 (working DSDT FREE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks dude. Yesterday I found her by another site XD

Hi: sorry to hear about your issues I would do the following.. swap your ati video card for a nvidia one and i would re format and install again.. ive read about many people who had similar issues.. but they formated and it worked fine the second time around.. so its not just you.. trust me ive had wired issues too

The trick is to try be as close to vanilla as possible and Nvidia GPU would be one of those things this is not to say that ati doesn't work with various kexts and edits etc.. Close to oem parts = less issues and better results
GL

I am using an ATI HD5770, the same as the old Mac Pro and the card always worked native, better than any card I have ever used but I still have issues with Yosemite. I am staying on Mavericks for now, will try the upgrade on my future new SSD I'll get for Christmas!

I am using an ATI HD5770, the same as the old Mac Pro and the card always worked native, better than any card I have ever used but I still have issues with Yosemite. I am staying on Mavericks for now, will try the upgrade on my future new SSD I'll get for Christmas!

Well I am having many issues atm as well lol

-sometimes booting and not bieng able to the log in screen
-audio issues same as mavericks
-sometimes some error about graphics card

You should hold off on upgrading your existing Yosemite from Chimera to Clover if the reason if for iMessage.

Late in November 2014, Apple changed somethings with iMessage (my guess) and I was no longer log into iMessage. Checking around, I found out lots of people have the same issues even though it used to work before. So, for now, I'm using Yosemite with Chimera on a different drive and waiting for a genius to fix this issue.

TTB

I have the same board (with UEFI bios 1b) and Sapphire HD6870 and I have clover for my system (yosemite). For me, the easiest path to setup are:

1. setup Yosemite using Unibeast/Multibeast

2. Make sure everything works (except imessage)

3. Download Clover boot loader and Clover Configurator (optional but much easier to configure your system including iMessage)

4. Install Clover (I used TonyMac's http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html starting from step4)

5. Do not reboot. Use Clover configurator to configure your system. For me, I just need to check "Inject ATI" and provided frame buffer personality, port, etc ...

6. Reboot the system.

7. Go into BIOS and make sure you choose UEFI device instead of standard BIOD device as primary boot

8. Save a and restart.

If everything works, you should be able to login Yosemite. From there, you need to configure iMessage to work. I used the guide "How to fix iMessage" by JayMonkey. You also need iMessage debug program to obtain system values and you can should use Clover configurator to input the system values. I was using Lexon's instruction (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ll-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html#post893000) as guideline. Keep on trying until you get the message calling Apple with customer code. Then you just need to call Apple to unblock. There were some issues for me with mouse shutter, display too bright, and not all video ports are working ( I used two displays). Changing appropriate fram buffer personality fixed all those issues.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. I'm not an expert with Hackintosh but will try to answer based on what I know ;-)

Cheers,

ttb

Does iMessage work now?
I'm still thinking about upgrading my Hackintosh to Yosemite but sleep & iMessage are the main issues for me.

Does iMessage work now?
I'm still thinking about upgrading my Hackintosh to Yosemite but sleep & iMessage are the main issues for me.

works great with clover. Not sure why he says dont use clover. It seems to be much better. But if you are on Yosemite and dont have imessages not even clover can save you. To get imessages to work you need to have a working imessages on mavericks, via calling apple. After that you get the keys, all the info needed is in this thread... unless something changed in the last couple months.

works great with clover. Not sure why he says dont use clover. It seems to be much better. But if you are on Yosemite and dont have imessages not even clover can save you. To get imessages to work you need to have a working imessages on mavericks, via calling apple. After that you get the keys, all the info needed is in this thread... unless something changed in the last couple months.

Did you followed the guide on the first page or you installed directly with Clover?

Thank you

Figured I'd pipe in here to say that I finally got around to doing a clean re-install of Yosemite with this MB and a 2500K. My original hack was setup in 2011 on Lion with an old BIOS so I figured I'd take the time to update everything in an effort to stay current. I used the U1c bios, DSDT Free MultiBeast with a MacMini 6,2 system definition and everything went well. I used a combination of this guide and the other one from the Mavericks Guides section and everything works well. The only snag I hit was the "ghostbusters" icon during the installation setup because I had the USB Installer key in a USB 3.0 port. Once I moved it to a USB 2.0 port it continued the install fine without any extra boot params.

Thanks for the help with the guide.

Only issues that remain are HDMI Audio and iMessage. However the purpose of this machine is largely a headless iTunes Home Sharing server so I'm not super concerned about either of these items. The biggest concern was updating to the UEFI BIOS and getting a clean DSDT Free install on Yosemite. Thanks!

Hello guys,

Just to add my multibeast settings

I also want to note that I use Virtualbox with Intel Virtualisation enabled.

These settings worked perfectly for me too. I have the HD5770 too, did you have GE=no or GE=yes?

I have sleep issues, the computers wakes up alone after few hours and the fans keep spinning. Any ideas ?

Merry christmas all!

Thank you for this guide, Elite2k. I've been sitting on Mountain Lion on this Motherboard for a while now. I took the plunge today and am now running quite happily on Yosemite.

My System Specs are:
+ Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 (BIOS U1B)
+ Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.1GHz
+ ATI Radeon HD 5770
+ Crucial MX100 256GB SSD
+ Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 RAM

Everything's working DSDT Free. Haven't tried sleep, but don't generally leave the computer on for long periods of time.

One issue I had with the install involved the SSD throwing a boot0 error. Got it fixed though by following this guide by MacMan:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/65706-article-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Have been running this for most of the day without any issues (yet ;) ).

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back