Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650 (working DSDT FREE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I have the Z68MA-D2H-B3 board but I have some very big problems getting Yosemite to even run.

First i started with BIOS F10 - I could start the installer at boot Yosemite from the USB drive, but after MultiBeast setup i wasn't able to boot it - just hang with a gray screen (probably missing root device)

I then updated to UEFI (U1B i think its called) using the files from OP - but now i'm not even able to finish setup, as it gives me a kernel panic when it's around halfway through the installation.

Do you have any suggestions?

As you have similar machine including same CPU, I would suggest trying WITHOUT your video card, and make sure if you are on UEFI to make the appropriate changes in the UEFI boot screen as per the OP. As i am on bios, I can only verify that this system WILL work on bios using either unibeast or clover. Unibeast was easier to install, it just worked. Maybe one thing you need to check is the ACPI rollback in multibeast.

EDIT: I guess I agreed with the above reply. I was just late.

So here's a dillema:

-should I stay with my easy-to-install, easy-to-restore Unibeast/Multibeast setup, or:

-go to Clover for iMessage support (and I guess a more "mac" experience altogether)

anything not working for you Clover users? how about a Z68MA-D2H-B3 specific step-by-step guide for us newbies?

Take care.

10.10.1 Works fine on Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 [Downloaded combo update and installed]
-Repair permissions first either using “kext utility tool” or type following command in terminal “sudo diskutil repairPermissions /“ without quotes
-Install combo update
-Update will auto install and Reboot PC
-install audio kext ALC889 DSDT FREE
-Re Enable TRIM on SSD using Multibeast
-RE- Repair permissions again first either using “kext utility tool” or type following command in terminal “sudo diskutil repairPermissions /“ without quotes
-Reboot and your done

Attachments

• Kext_Utility.app.v2.6.1.zip
    283 KB · Views: 147
So here's a dillema:

-should I stay with my easy-to-install, easy-to-restore Unibeast/Multibeast setup, or:

-go to Clover for iMessage support (and I guess a more "mac" experience altogether)

anything not working for you Clover users? how about a Z68MA-D2H-B3 specific step-by-step guide for us newbies?

Take care.

I have the same board (with UEFI bios 1b) and Sapphire HD6870 and I have clover for my system (yosemite). For me, the easiest path to setup are:

1. setup Yosemite using Unibeast/Multibeast

2. Make sure everything works (except imessage)

3. Download Clover boot loader and Clover Configurator (optional but much easier to configure your system including iMessage)

4. Install Clover (I used TonyMac's http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html starting from step4)

5. Do not reboot. Use Clover configurator to configure your system. For me, I just need to check "Inject ATI" and provided frame buffer personality, port, etc ...

6. Reboot the system.

7. Go into BIOS and make sure you choose UEFI device instead of standard BIOD device as primary boot

8. Save a and restart.

If everything works, you should be able to login Yosemite. From there, you need to configure iMessage to work. I used the guide "How to fix iMessage" by JayMonkey. You also need iMessage debug program to obtain system values and you can should use Clover configurator to input the system values. I was using Lexon's instruction (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ll-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html#post893000) as guideline. Keep on trying until you get the message calling Apple with customer code. Then you just need to call Apple to unblock. There were some issues for me with mouse shutter, display too bright, and not all video ports are working ( I used two displays). Changing appropriate fram buffer personality fixed all those issues.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. I'm not an expert with Hackintosh but will try to answer based on what I know ;-)

Cheers,

ttb

Thunderbolt Firmware Update 1.2
The update is not applicable to our machines as all it does is that it copies a firmware ROM to the ESP. On Macs, Apple EFI reads that file when present and flashes it. As our UEFI implementations of course don't have that behavior, the update is completely useless. Imagine if OS X tried to flash the image by itself: Oops, PC bricked.

How to get rid of this u can hide it go to terminal and type the following command

softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2

I have the same board (with UEFI bios 1b) and Sapphire HD6870 and I have clover for my system (yosemite).

This is so great man, really appreciate it. I shall give it ago once I find some time, cause it looks like it requires some serious preparation.

Thanks again!

vassilis

Hi try to downgrade the bios to 1b ive been using that without issues 1c gave me many issues.. hope this helps use 1b and default to factory and follow my instructions as posted on the main page.

GL

So I was experiencing sleep problems; it would turn off the display, but the fans would still spin and the CPU seemed to still run. When it rebooted, bluetooth went haywire as well.

I downgraded to u1b, but that didn't make a difference. I did however, turn off network wake (which seemed to help). I also added the i5 sandy bridge kext SSDT, and that seemed to work better; still not perfect though. It'd still not come back from sleep ~50% of the time. When it did, audio wouldn't come back either. Should SSDTs be part of the guide?

Another clue: if I rebooted and didn't run anything, it'd sleep okay. If I fired up something that required some processing power, i.e. a youtube video, it'd freeze overtime it went to sleep. Is the CPU not stepping down correctly for it to sleep?

I am also having problems with bios 1C, someone could have a link to download the 1B ???

So I was experiencing sleep problems; it would turn off the display, but the fans would still spin and the CPU seemed to still run. When it rebooted, bluetooth went haywire as well.

I downgraded to u1b, but that didn't make a difference. I did however, turn off network wake (which seemed to help). I also added the i5 sandy bridge kext SSDT, and that seemed to work better; still not perfect though. It'd still not come back from sleep ~50% of the time. When it did, audio wouldn't come back either. Should SSDTs be part of the guide?

Another clue: if I rebooted and didn't run anything, it'd sleep okay. If I fired up something that required some processing power, i.e. a youtube video, it'd freeze overtime it went to sleep. Is the CPU not stepping down correctly for it to sleep?

Hi: sorry to hear about your issues I would do the following.. swap your ati video card for a nvidia one and i would re format and install again.. ive read about many people who had similar issues.. but they formated and it worked fine the second time around.. so its not just you.. trust me ive had wired issues too

The trick is to try be as close to vanilla as possible and Nvidia GPU would be one of those things this is not to say that ati doesn't work with various kexts and edits etc.. Close to oem parts = less issues and better results
GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back