Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650 (working DSDT FREE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gracias @Elite2k amigo todo a funcionado al 100% después de algunos errores :), tu guia muy buena espero q a los demás les pueda servir como a mi, adjunto algunas capturas.

Gracias @Elite2k

Computer Specs

-Intel core i7 2600k
-SAPPHIRE HD 5670 1gb
-8gb Ram
-500gb HD WD
-1TB External
-D-link WiFi DWR-555

Bios Options
-Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 v1.3 Bios U1b
-Enable AHCI
-Disable Intel Virtualization Technology
-Disable VT-D

View attachment 109151
View attachment 109153View attachment 109154View attachment 109155

Your very welcome :D I am glad this guide was of some help

I had zero issues with the Mav guide from OP but no end of aggro with Yosemite. The damn USB doesnt boot Chimera/Chameleon. Just sits doing nothing. Then change it to first boot (rather than F12 to do so) then it boots but "missing kernel" crap. Then the thing reboots automatically. Never gets to the installer at all.

OPO, have you got any other HDDs in your system? I have not got VT-d setting (3570K CPU doesnt have VT-d) either but not worried about that. Yes, on U1B bios

I do have a working Yosemite first using the guide with unibeast/multibeast. I then installed Clover boot loader to the existing partition. With Clover configurator, I checked inject ATI and left everything else untouched. For iMessage, I got the error code to call Apple, which I did to get them to unblocked my login ID to message (I guess). Everything seems to work ok, except for the annoying issue - I can't look at the screen for more than 5-10 mins without getting a headache (eyes strain). Can't explain it, but it's to the point that I have to re-install Maverick on another drive (I wiped out my working Maverick by mistake :) )

Anybody has any pointer or help that would be grateful. I have a the same board with UEFI (version U1b, I think) and Saphire HD6870. Currently I have the system hook up to 2 monitors (HDMI and DVI). I also have to enable the integrated graphics from the board to get airplay mirroring.
Thanks,

TTB1263

Had to move to clover to get imessages to work. But now, i dunno if before, audio doesnt work after sleep.

Fixed Via patching here https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/README.txt

iMessages fix is in this guide. http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html (****Gotta bring over info from working imessages in Mav**** )

So audio after sleep, iMessages fixes are above both requiring clover. Clover has more apple features such as select reboot disk, great so you can walk away and be booted into non default. Along with some better patching methods. I'd go that route now...

I saw that symptom too ...Since I shutdown my machine every night, I just set the computer to never sleep ;-)

But that is no need now, since Ím back to Maverick. Just have to call Apple again to unblock. It's a pain having to call them, every time to get imessage to work ;-(

Hi Staypuft,

AHCI option is under Peripherals-> SATA Mode Selection. I have rev. 1.3 of this board.
Please bear in mind that changing this will make your hackintosh boot, but will break other installations like windows 7.

Thanks for the tip Wrathfulv - I thought I would come back and let you know that this helped lead me to the solution to the problem - which turned out to be pretty silly anyways..

I did in-fact have AHCI on and EHCI & XHCI handoff enabled. However I had the default boot priority set to be a UEFI device in the SATA boot order options.

This appeared to be causing a bug where the USB drive could not find the right root device. As soon as I changed the boot priority to be the legacy boot method for the disk which is present I was able to successfully USB Clover EFI boot the disk and complete the setup.

For those who decide to do Clover EFI boot with the GA-Z68MA-D3-B3H boards here is what I learned:

Clover EFI with no DSDT is possible.
HD3000 (i5 2500K) support is bad and the clover solutions are not easy. I ended up simply disabling onboard graphics I lost Airplay support but that is not so bad for me.

Onboard Audio fix for Clover from Toleda works perfectly if you have an unmodified AppleHDA.kext (the thread to get the Toleda fix, and the unmodified Kext are both on these forums)

If anyone else has questions - don't hestitate to let me know

~Staypuft

I saw that symptom too ...Since I shutdown my machine every night, I just set the computer to never sleep ;-)

But that is no need now, since Ím back to Maverick. Just have to call Apple again to unblock. It's a pain having to call them, every time to get imessage to work ;-(

goto clover

Edit: Well it seems short sleep cycles sound still works but overnight is a no go. Crap that sucks these things drive me crazy.

Hi,

Let me clarify this, if one installed win7 with SATA mode Legacy/RAID and then changed it to AHCI, then the install would break.
This has nothing to do with the guide, or the HW.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Yes, I stayed with AHCI all the way through the process.

So to recap, moving to Clover will fix iMessage (by calling Apple) but will break the sound after sleep?

seems like a heavy price, not to mention that after an unsuccessful go at Clover it took me almost a day to restore Chimera without losing data.

Onboard Audio fix for Clover from Toleda works perfectly if you have an unmodified AppleHDA.kext (the thread to get the Toleda fix, and the unmodified Kext are both on these forums)

If anyone else has questions - don't hestitate to let me know

~Staypuft

You have audio after sleep? I used Toleda fix via script and original AppleHDA.kext

This should fix audio after sleep http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/146465-no-onboard-audio-after-wake-sleep.html#post907952 but its hacky and not optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back