Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650 (working DSDT FREE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Elite2K,

Thank you for the instruction. I was able to setup Yosemite on for my system (clean install). I have similar setup as yours except for the video card (Saphire HD6870 1GB). The only issue have now is the iMessage. With Maverick, I have to copy the fileNVRAM.dylib to /extra/Modules and then called Apple to unblock. But now, it's not working. I was reading from the forum that is still the issue for many but wondering if iMessage is working on your setup.
Thanks,

TTB1263

I have 6870 as well. I cannot log into iMessage. I had to call as well. Also having issues accessing time machine backups. But that could be due to my time machine being a ubuntu server.

Similar build running UEFI U1C using GTX285. I had to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes, install NullCPU due to AICPM kernel panic. What a nightmare install! Sound works, had to go to audio pref pane and play with settings. iMessage works OOB.

I just saw that there is an option that is disabled by default. Changing volume doesn't make sounds by default now and that is how I tested if it was working.

It's working now! Probably was working all along, make sure Play feedback when volume is changed is enabled. It is disabled by default.

Hey keypox can u show a screenshot of the setting or explain what you did to get the audio working ??

thanks

Hi Elite2K,

Thank you for the instruction. I was able to setup Yosemite on for my system (clean install). I have similar setup as yours except for the video card (Saphire HD6870 1GB). The only issue have now is the iMessage. With Maverick, I have to copy the fileNVRAM.dylib to /extra/Modules and then called Apple to unblock. But now, it's not working. I was reading from the forum that is still the issue for many but wondering if iMessage is working on your setup.
Thanks,

TTB1263

Hi imessages works :D didnt have to do anything

could you explain which preferences you fiddled with ?? thanks perhaps post a screen shot

not much, just selected internal speakers as output device and the play feedback when volume is changed, then tried with the keyboard volume keys and it worked.

Sound works!

Connected to Receiver via toslink. Changed Sound to Digital Out. Had no volume controls but Plex and iTunes both output sound without any problems.

Oh and I realized the onboard video is at least as good (if not better) than that EN210 card so no worries there. Running HDMI off board now.

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the instructions, OP! I upgraded my system with a V1.0 motherboard without incident. So far stability for me is better than with Mavericks (knock on wood!) I still need to figure out the Messages/iCloud issue but all the important stuff like sleep, networking, etc. are working great.

I've got a fusion drive so I had to go through the additional steps of copying stuff to the hidden partition on my SSD (using the great guide in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ion-drive-using-tonymacx86-tools-chimera.html). Something interesting I noticed is that apparently the Yosemite installer updated my Fusion Drive to have a Recovery partition on the HD. Anyone else noticed this?

Got iMessages to login twice, crashed both times when trying to send a message. Is it actually working for other people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back