Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650 (working DSDT FREE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a pointer on how to get this upgraded to el capitan? It'll be released soon to now, and I saw that you have the beta already working.

Thanks!
-Dan

Note: You have to use clover to be able to install this os.. and so far alot of people are having issues with settings and it seems quite complicated in many cases..

Well.. So far I am waiting for the final GM release.. but here is what i know and can say for sure ATM so far
-i tried to install a clean ver .. didnt work
-upgrade did work..
-so far everything works.. wake / sleep /ethernet/audio/wifi

-issues
-usb 3.0 will not work unless someone fixes kexts..
-you need clover only clover works..

I will update more when the final is out and hopefully can do a clean install.. ill make some type of guide when its released

I get s kermel panic (even worse - just a "Something bad happened" in a bunch of different language and it reboots when I boot and try to install the upgrade. I booted verbose, no kexts, none of that worked. Any tips?

I get s kermel panic (even worse - just a "Something bad happened" in a bunch of different language and it reboots when I boot and try to install the upgrade. I booted verbose, no kexts, none of that worked. Any tips?

Solved my problem: nVidia driver was likely crashing (or some other kext)
1. Pulled out my nVidia GTX 970, and popped in an old Radeon 6450, bingo, booted up and started installing.
2. After first reboot, would crash with a Kernel Panic. Bummer. Followed post #9 here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...er-el-capitan-install-reboot.html#post1110690 and it worked like a charm.

Installed latest nVidia driver, rebooted, re-installed nVidia card, and all is well. Bluetooth dongle isn't working, but not sure I've ever really used that since I got it....

Solved my problem: nVidia driver was likely crashing (or some other kext)
1. Pulled out my nVidia GTX 970, and popped in an old Radeon 6450, bingo, booted up and started installing.
2. After first reboot, would crash with a Kernel Panic. Bummer. Followed post #9 here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...er-el-capitan-install-reboot.html#post1110690 and it worked like a charm.

Installed latest nVidia driver, rebooted, re-installed nVidia card, and all is well. Bluetooth dongle isn't working, but not sure I've ever really used that since I got it....

I don't think it had anything to do with nvidia driver. As long as you were booting with nv_disable=1.

Installed with gtx 960, got kps, copied the recovery partition SLE as outlined in your link and booted. Don't have network, but I think the post install tools in downloads should fix that. Followed guide below to update.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...rect-update-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.html

I used your method and got everything up with Clover...used it on my ProBook 4540 and love it. The only difference in our systems is I am using an ATI 6000 series graphics card.

I am still not getting sound. Have any ideas? I even went back and tried the Multibeast 6.1 kext.

Thanks

I used your method and got everything up with Clover...used it on my ProBook 4540 and love it. The only difference in our systems is I am using an ATI 6000 series graphics card.

I am still not getting sound. Have any ideas? I even went back and tried the Multibeast 6.1 kext.

Thanks

NEVERMIND I AM A TARD! works fine...I didn't do a restart after I loaded the 6.1 kext.

Finally made the journey from maverick to El Cap. I started with a Unibeast Yosemite that was the easy part. Next I installed Clover to the booted drive following your guide, I ended up using OsxAptioFix2Drv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv under the Drivers64UEFI.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...rect-update-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.html
20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*
21. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ and create a folder called 10.10
22. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add FakeSMC.kext
23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your ethernet kext
24.Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your RealtekRTL8111.kext
25. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi
You can also put your kexts into the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10:11/ folder to save time.

https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/blob/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi?raw=true
I ended up only changing the one value or you can add the whole thing if its not in the Plist:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
</dict>

Once that was all stable I loaded El Capitan.

After the reboot I selected install in clover boot.

I did not follow the guides I posted. They are just here for help and as reference for some of my changes.

I could not get this part of the guide to work but it's only used for iMessage:
Here's what you need to do to get the right smbios and proper definitions for your machine and to get messages working:
iMessageDebug could not generate the #'s for some unknown reason.
If you need to make changes to your system definitions clover configurator generates the config.plist
mine defaulted to iMac 12,1 and 14,2 on the second try. Inject Nvidia seemed to work on my gtx 570 card.

For sound in El capitan with clover look at entry: 3. cloverALC/Clover patched:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html#post886744
download and run the 10_1.0j.command, restart.

Thanks for the guide :)

Update: System crashed after three days. I booted into clover recovery and ran first-aid and now its working.

Thanks damuffin for pulling a bunch of pieces together; I had been struggling with this upgrade for a couple weeks and finally got it working today! Still need to tweak things a bit but I'm in El Capitan so the hardest blockers are behind me.

For those still on Yosemite wanting to upgrade to El Capitan, here's what worked for me. I'd never bothered to switch to Clover so that was my first step. Following the great guides earlier in this thread and elsewhere here on the site helped get me up to speed with Clover and but it still took me more trial and error then I'd like to admit.

For me the magic recipe was:

1. Removing my GTX 970 and attaching monitor directly to motherboard DVI port

2. Install latest Clover (v3320) following guide and settings from this post but selecting the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 option

3. Use Clover Configurator to mount my EFI partition

4. Replace VBoxHfs-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI with HFSPlus.efi from this post)

5. Install i7 SSDT.aml from Multicast install to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ to resolve error "P-State Stepper Error 18 at Step 29 in context 2 on CPU 6."

6. Once Yosemite was booting consistently with Clover, download El Capitan installer from App Store.

6. Install El Capitan

7. Boot into El Capitan for the first time and update nVidia drivers.

8. Reinstall GTX 970

9. Inject Fake ID "0x01268086" for IntelGFX and added "0x1C3A8086" for Fake ID IMEI using Clover Configurator. This resolved issue where driver for integrated HD 3000 graphics was not getting loaded properly leading to one of my monitors being stuck at 1024x768 with lots of graphical glitches.

Still need to get the right smbios and proper definitions to get iMessage working but I'm ready to take a bit of a break. Something that helped me a lot was using an old SSD I had sitting around as my test drive. Once I was comfortable with the right steps upgrading my real system drive was easy. Since I'm on a fusion drive I had to do a bit of extra work to copy Clover to the SSD's EFI partition following this post's instructions: Fusion Drive - Clover boot loader

Last edited:
I followed methods by Swinte and damuffin and I now have a successful working i5 2500k w/ Gigabyte 970 mini on El Cap. System Definition iMac12,2

The trick for me was to remove the 970 and install with onboard graphics then reinstall after nvidia drivers

Still can't get onboard graphics to output correctly even with the fakeid values posted. Though, I was using onboard DVI>VGA adapter. Didn't try with HDMI

Messed the system up thinking I can install kexts with multibeast. SIP kicked in and I couldn't boot.

Had this hooked up to a 55" 4k TV and it thinks it's 120"!! the resolution is at 8k. Not sure how to fix that. But I adjusted the Resolution in displays prefs to 2160p.

Audio patch worked wonderfully.

Using nullcpupowermanagement kext

iMessages working using method posted by Elite2k

Considering dropping back to Yosemite because of SIP.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back