4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tested the Z590 Vision D - it can install Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3. But the Thunderbolt 4 is not working. This is the first Thunderbolt 4 in market.

I am running:
- Big Sur 11.5.2
- OpenCore-0.7.2-RELEASE
- 5700XT GPU
- i9-10850K
- Z590 Vision-D M/B
- SATA3 Kingston Drives
- MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R Cooler

I found this link at https://github.com/McCallumDillon/Hackintosh-Z590-Vision-D. In-addition, he has already mapped USB ports and provided EFI folder with drivers and all seems to work except 2.5Gbe (I-225) so I am thinking of ordering Realtek 1Gbe card to use and I am using USB3.1 to 1Gb Ethernet with 4 USB3.0 ports called UGREEN adapter I ordered from Amazon. All other devices seems to work well like Audio, wifi, bluetooth, HDMI and Display Port. 2xUSB-C in rear panel work at 5GB/s however I have not tested Graphics / Thunderbolt 4 functionality for video or graphics.

- I used all info provided by McCallumDillon but kept my config.plist from my previous OpenCore-0.7.2-RELEASE i7-IVY-Bridge install and using ProperTree I edited the DeviceProperties Section, and with GenSMBIOS tools obtained iMac20,2 serial number for platform info then did a Clean SnapShot and saved and all worked. However, I found Ethernet Caused Instability so turned-off Built in ports and used the UGreen adapter.

The Only 2xDisappointments are:
1. The Front/Top panel USB3.0 ports are running at 480MB/s instead of 5GB/s because I use front panel USB3.0 a lot for backup and other data transfer,
2. The 2.5Gbe not working, as I would like internal Ethernet working instead of external Green adapter but I am happy with setup right now the UGreen USB3 to Ethernet is working very well, plus I have the Wifi Airport is working very well.

Last edited:
For the front panels you have to make a new USB map.

I am running:
- Big Sur 11.5.2
- OpenCore-0.7.2-RELEASE
- 5700XT GPU
- i9-10850K
- Z590 Vision-D M/B
- SATA3 Kingston Drives
- MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R Cooler

I found this link at https://github.com/McCallumDillon/Hackintosh-Z590-Vision-D. In-addition, he has already mapped USB ports and provided EFI folder with drivers and all seems to work except 2.5Gbe (I-225) so I am thinking of ordering Realtek 1Gbe card to use and I am using USB3.1 to 1Gb Ethernet with 4 USB3.0 ports called UGREEN adapter I ordered from Amazon. All other devices seems to work well like Audio, wifi, bluetooth, HDMI and Display Port. 2xUSB-C in rear panel work at 5GB/s however I have not tested Graphics / Thunderbolt 4 functionality for video or graphics.

- I used all info provided by McCallumDillon but kept my config.plist from my previous OpenCore-0.7.2-RELEASE i7-IVY-Bridge install and using ProperTree I edited the DeviceProperties Section, and with GenSMBIOS tools obtained iMac20,2 serial number for platform info then did a Clean SnapShot and saved and all worked. However, I found Ethernet Caused Instability so turned-off Built in ports and used the UGreen adapter.

The Only 2xDisappointments are:
1. The Front/Top panel USB3.0 ports are running at 480MB/s instead of 5GB/s because I use front panel USB3.0 a lot for backup and other data transfer,
2. The 2.5Gbe not working, as I would like internal Ethernet working instead of external Green adapter but I am happy with setup right now the UGreen USB3 to Ethernet is working very well, plus I have the Wifi Airport is working very well.
Great, so the system works for the majority of devices.

With your remaining issues, I'd say you will need to check or redo your USB ports. Under the USB Map scripting tool you have to make sure you have a USB 3.0 device attached to them during detection and manually set the detected front USB 3.0 ports which it asks for your final selection.

For the 2.5Gbe issue you can have a look at this solution by removing the device-id of the 2.5Gbe controller > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-stopped-working.313203/page-7#post-2258914

Thanks for the suggestions,

However, Still no-good the Built-in Ethernet not working.

I tried Middleman suggestion by removing my DeviceProperties entries and I even tried adding the boot argument with and without DeviceProperties but the best I get is the Self-Assigned IP Orange status on Manual 1000BaseT.

If I try to use Automatic Config in the Advanced Hardware Settings it Locks up machine and I have to re-boot.

I think I will leave the Ethernet as I have the UGreen Adaptor that works very well at 1Gbps and I am happy with that and the working Wifi & Bluetooth. I have managed to re-map USB so one of the front ports are 5Gb/s and I am happy with that.

Many thanks for the Suggestions, at least I have all the USB ports I need and will continue to work on Ethernet at a later date.

Thanks,

Hey pgardner, I tried the same github link as a guide and edited the platform info section of the config.plist but the MacOS progress bar only goes 1/4 of the way and then restarts my computer everytime. Can you please share your EFI since our setups are similar?

Thank You

Hey pgardner, I tried the same github link as a guide and edited the platform info section of the config.plist but the MacOS progress bar only goes 1/4 of the way and then restarts my computer everytime. Can you please share your EFI since our setups are similar?

Thank You
Hi tosh875,

Happy to help, my system working great at the moment I went back to VisionD USBPortMap and found that USB-C port is working at 5GB/s, all working stable at my end,

However, still no On-board LAN I am using the USB3.1-to-Ethernet adaptor and works well, all rear USB ports working well also, and something I didn't mention previously is a I have 64GB Memory (RAM) and a Radeon5700 XT GPU for my Samsung 32inch 4K monitor,

A problem I had was my boot-args in the NVRam section which may need to be different see how you go but for me agpmode=pikera works well and my boot-args are: -v keepsyms=1 alcid=1 debug=0x100 shikigva=80 vsmcgen=1 agdpmod=pikera dk.e1000=0 because I just kept on investigating and added to it until my system worked. I found this boot-args even worked on an Old B75M-D3H machine with built in GPU port and bigSur11.5.2, even the LAN port when using the RealtekRTL8111-V2.2.1 kexts and can also forward that EFI to anyone who wants it.

Also, under OC directory is my zbkup with bkup kexts that I used from VisionG and VisionD configs while trying to get it to work and though VisionG USBPortMap is better than VisionD for the front panel USBPorts, I found it caused instability.

Unfortunately Cinebench Performance still comes in 4th place and Geekbench not impressive (SC at 1158 & MC at 9830) though I am not overclocking it right now, not much time to play. But, when using Parallels I am surprised at how fast and stable as if I am using windows machine and mac at same time when using Parallels Coherence and the toolbox allows total access to mac and windows directories and my 4k monitor with configurable NVRam access and configurability giving a Windows7 System index of 7.9.

Please find attached the entire EFI dir from my EFI mount, however, as customary I removed my Platform Info, but that is easy enough to get by using GenSMBios app to get your own platform info for a iMac20,2 config.

One last thing is that I could NOT boot BigSur using USBDrive/USBStick, only worked with External HDD/SSD in a n external case via USB3. I need to continue investigating how to boot the USBSticks with BigSur 11.5.2. I tried all Youtube channels and GitHub but it still refused to boot and gets stuck.

Hopefully you Enjoy, and get your system working....

Regards,

Attachments

• EFI - tosh875.zip
    32 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Seeing how some of you still haven't gotten the Intel NIC enabled, I thought to share this.

I found on my Z490 Aorus Xtreme, that there are several ways of enabling the Intel 2.5Gbe NIC
depending on the version of macOS you are using.

If you are using Catalina or Big Sur up to 11.2 you need to enable:
FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext
FakePCIID.kext
& the Intel I225-V patch (link to the patch is here > https://dortania.github.io/hackintosh/updates/2021/04/24/rocket-lake.html)

If you are using Big Sur 11.3, you will only need to enable the Intel kernel patch and disable the two kexts.

If you are using Big Sur up to 11.4 and above, simply disable the above patches including the kexts as it is natively supported by the OS.

I just installed TENEXT PCI-E Gigabit Realtek adapter obtained from Amazon and works great with BigSur 11.5.2 using RealtekRTL8111-V2.2.1 attached to this post.

Attachments

• RealtekRTL8111-V2.2.1.zip
    646 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back