Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z490i ITX / 10900K / Opencore 0.5.9 / Catalina 15.5.5 / Ncase M1

Status
Not open for further replies.
remove

Last edited:
Is the native wifi card non replaceable for the z490 as it is for the z390?

I have the same wifi card and m.2 solution in my motherboard and experiencing the same sleep issues.

Technically you can remove the onboard wifi (I did), but no broadcom/apple chip will fit in its place as it uses a different connector and the dimensions are different (broadcom chips are too big and will not fit).

It looks like Apple will be refreshing their iMac's with a Intel Comet Lake chip called the i9-10910 . Hopefully this will open some progress for Z490 hacks.

Hi philipjdall ! I'm a newbie to Macs and macOS. I installed Catalina using your EFI on a bit different hardware than yours:

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
i9-9900k
Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX 5700 XT

After that I fixed Audio and made USB mapping. At first glance, everything seems to be working. But I have some questions. Could you please give me some points? Do I need all those post installation things, described in OpenCore Desktop Guide / Post-Install · GitBook, like:

Fixing CFG Lock
Fixing Resolution and Verbose
Fixing DRM
Fixing Power Management
Setting up Bootstrap.efi
Installing BootCamp

?

I'm going to make dual boot macOS/Windows.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi philipjdall ! I'm a newbie to Macs and macOS. I installed Catalina using your EFI on a bit different hardware than yours:

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
i9-9900k
Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX 5700 XT

After that I fixed Audio and made USB mapping. At first glance, everything seems to be working. But I have some questions. Could you please give me some points? Do I need all those post installation things, described in OpenCore Desktop Guide / Post-Install · GitBook, like:

Fixing CFG Lock
Fixing Resolution and Verbose
Fixing DRM
Fixing Power Management
Setting up Bootstrap.efi
Installing BootCamp

?

I'm going to make dual boot macOS/Windows.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hey I have same motherboard, but my ethernet doesn't work. Do you know what could be the reason?

Hey I have same motherboard, but my ethernet doesn't work. Do you know what could be the reason?
Hi kforkamal! I made that computer for my friend's son and I returned it to him. But you can take a look at my EFI. Everything works except WiFi.

Attachments

• EFI_OC-0.5.9_Z390-Aorus-Ultra.zip
    64.7 MB · Views: 198
Hi, can you please help me to fix default Wifi/Bluetooth card ? I just need bluetooth working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back