Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z490i ITX / 10900K / Opencore 0.5.9 / Catalina 15.5.5 / Ncase M1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the adapted I used https://s.lazada.sg/s.pdj5

Yeah, it dropped straight into the second m.2 slot underneath the board.

One word of advice, due to the splitter on the micro usb2 internal port macOS sees this as a hub, and then can’t apply the internal ‘255’ value to the Bluetooth module meaning sleep is affected.

The solution is to get an adapter like this https://s.lazada.sg/s.p4oY and connect the Bluetooth module to a rear motherboard port.

Hope this helps!

I'm a bit stuck around port mapping. I don't understand the part:
Port_limit Removal Patch:

The PLR Patches (as we will call them from now on for brevity) are explained in each macOS support section - High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina.
From the guide. I'm using OpenCore.

If I skip that part I get the following:

1592309826509.png

Am I supposed to plug devices and keep the ports are actually used?
Why are there two SS08, SS09, etc?
Shouldn't Bluetooth be here?
Does BT count towards the 15 I can keep?

Every time I look at tutorial it feel like that there is some stuff unsaid and I should know it, but IDK from where..

Last edited:
do you think you'll ever do a full guide? I just order the same motherboard with an i7 10700. I'm just waiting on my NZXT H1

No, because there are already a bunch of great guides out there. The Dortania guide is the one I followed. The purpose of this thread was to highlight the differences rather than create a full guide.

Check out the below if you haven't already...

No, because there are already a bunch of great guides out there. The Dortania guide is the one I followed. The purpose of this thread was to highlight the differences rather than create a full guide.

Check out the below if you haven't already...

Thanks for the link I was able to get it up and running in about two hours. And so far so good. Only small problem is my 5700 XT Red Dragon 8gb is showing up as a 5600 XT 6gb. I purchased it Openbox from Microcenter I'm hoping they didn't rip me off.

Great to hear you got it all working so quickly.

check the BIOS - that will tell you if it’s a 5700xt or not!

This is the adapted I used https://s.lazada.sg/s.pdj5

Yeah, it dropped straight into the second m.2 slot underneath the board.

One word of advice, due to the splitter on the micro usb2 internal port macOS sees this as a hub, and then can’t apply the internal ‘255’ value to the Bluetooth module meaning sleep is affected.

The solution is to get an adapter like this https://s.lazada.sg/s.p4oY and connect the Bluetooth module to a rear motherboard port.

Hope this helps!

So we're not able to run the bluetooth on the internal usb2 splitter? what about the usb3.0 header on hs09?
I'm not fond of running a cable from inside to outside the case.

Well I couldn't get it to work as macOs sees the internal splitter as a hub, and could only apply the internal '255' value to the hub, and not each device connected to it.

HS09 connects to the front IO on the case, so probably could be made to work but not without limiting functionality.

FWIW it does work, it just doesn't play nice with sleep... The above solution worked for me, and managed to route it in a pretty neat way so actually didn't mind routing externally. If you find another solution then please share.

I tried to modify the model to MacPro7,1, which could sleep normally, but could not be awakened by the keyboard and mouse, only by the power button. At the same time, there was some problem with the USB, so I tried to fix it normally

I was able to get native bluetooth and wifi with the aforementioned M.2 Adapter and USB 3.0 header.
Heres a picture for reference. This comes up as HS10 on the USB port mapping. I might splice and solder the leads to be permanent, or switch the setup to the rear m.2 slot and bring my ssd to the front to make a cleaner setup.

IMG_1570.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back