Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 vision g
CPU
i7-10700k
Graphics
radeon 580
Hello there,
Im facing weird issues with my hacintosh, I am able to install it without problem with catalina installer, open core efi
unfortunetaly im issuing problems with stability, my computer restarts randomly, sometimes after 5 minutes sometimes just on login screen, the only solution that helps is cutting number of cores in bios settings. On windows problem doesn't appear so it would be weird if it's hardware issue. Tried also installing on different ssd with same result. Issue also appears after updating to big sur. Im not sure if those are kernel panics, becuase it just turns off, without any log.
my setup is:
i7-10700k
gigabyte z490 vision g
radeon rx580 sapphire nitro plus,
anybody has any idea what can be wrong in such situation?

I guess the problem you are experiencing has to do with the onboard Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V. Suggest you disable that thing in BIOS and see how it goes. In my particular environment, that measure worked indeed. For network communication I am now using WiFi, provided for me in my rig by a Fenvi PCIe addon card. There are however methods available that will generally make the I225-V controller work for macOS up to and including Big Sur beta 4. Some searching and reading will certainly enable you to sort out this particular issue in your particular environment

Regards Henties.

Hello there,
Im facing weird issues with my hacintosh, I am able to install it without problem with catalina installer, open core efi
unfortunetaly im issuing problems with stability, my computer restarts randomly, sometimes after 5 minutes sometimes just on login screen, the only solution that helps is cutting number of cores in bios settings. On windows problem doesn't appear so it would be weird if it's hardware issue. Tried also installing on different ssd with same result. Issue also appears after updating to big sur. Im not sure if those are kernel panics, becuase it just turns off, without any log.
my setup is:
i7-10700k
gigabyte z490 vision g
radeon rx580 sapphire nitro plus,
anybody has any idea what can be wrong in such situation?
FYI I’d managed to get the same situation occur on my Z490 Aorus Xtreme. You will need to do the following:

If XMP Profile is running in BIOS disable it. Also disable Resizable BAR.
Update the EFI to OC 0.6.9. as it has Comet Lake & Rocket Lake ID support. Remove Kernel CPUID spoofing completely (empty the CPUID1Data & Mask fields).
Change over to USBInjectAll.kext, enable XHCIPortLimit and SSDT-UIAC.aml.
Set SecureBoot mode to Disabled.
If errors still occur, you must use the IGPU AAPL,ig-platform-id 00009BC5 and device-id 9BC50000.
Also remove any Intel I-225V patches and kexts if you have them installed for Big Sur 11.4.

I finally resolved the issue. The problem was broken PSU, we can close the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back